GB Member Barr dies

by Red Piller 116 Replies latest jw friends

• St George of England
    St George of England
    What surprises me how they all seem to live VERY long lives.

Mouthy - If you had 'money-no-object' 24/7 care and attention, no financial worries, the best of everything, someone to take care of your cooking, cleaning, laundry etc etc maybe a few years would be added to your life expectancy.

George

• AGuest
    AGuest

Funny thing about that "old" teaching that one must be "old" to be anointed (may you all have peace!). They base this on their false teaching that "one would have put in many years of dedicated service" before being called. First, their other teachings (as to 1914) belie that. Second, what's stated in the Bible belies that. NO ONE was called... when old. ALL... who are recorded about... were called at age 30 or less. Some weren't even born yet when they were "chosen" (anointed). And there is a reason: children tend to still have a modicum of faith... when adults have long lost their own and began trying to adulterate and shipwreck everyone else's.

May the most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, have mercy upon Mr. Barr... and his fellow "partners in crime," both dead and alive... through my Lord, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, who is His Word, His Truth, His Son... and His Chosen/Anointed One... Christ... the TRUE "Faithful and Discreet Slave."

A willing slave of that One,

SA

• Violia
    Violia

There is no hope until even the ones in the 50's are replaced or die. Those who are at least in their 50's are part of the old school org and will do whatever mother tells them to. They are company men. Those in their 40's and yonger I hold out some hope for b/c they are a part of the information age and grew up with computers and the net. I hold out hope for that age group to make changes in the org. I'll be gone before that happens , it will be at least 20-25 yrs or more before the org moves out of the total dark ages- if they ever do.

• blondie
    blondie

The speaker at my last DC was Jack Barr. He scurried away from the podium and disappeared into the administrator's office; reluctant to talk to any of the rank and file. Perhaps he was thinking of Jaracz' ambush. So the old guard moves on.

When I read about someone in power in the WTS being kind, it makes me think of pedophiles who are "kind" to their victims, but it is still abuse.

Blondie

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I just got an email from a JW friend about his death. Looks like it's going around on the internet. Of course I wonder where the info was leaked first!

• minimus
    minimus

Well, at least Barr wasn't a pedophile too.

If Barr was a 'kind" man, that's a good quality. Not all kind men (or women) are abusers.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

May he rest in peace.

He led the life of Riley on the surface, living into his 90's, never having to pay for anything.

Yet, it's hard to be at peace when you know what he did. The pedophile issues. Generation changes. Watching the very clear personality issues and conflicts on a body of leaders that should have exemplified godliness, and instead, glorified politics and pettiness.

He watched all the prophecies NOT come true. Sadly, he had to go to bed at night, if not admitting, then at least knowing on some level, that he, they, "we" were wrong.

So he might be at rest. I doubt the being at peace part.

• minimus
    minimus

He might be like our mothers, who have waited and waited, eventually will die and die a "believer". I don't know.

• blondie
    blondie

I guess you misunderstood what I said, min...I did not say Barr was a pedophile. Merely that being "kind" does not mean someone is not an abuser, religious in this case.

Added:

In his final talk at that DC, he told the audience, specifically jw parents of adult children who were not "faithful" that their childred would die at Armageddon.

• yknot
    yknot

I think the more appropriate term is 'enabler'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit