God Appointed Hitler? (The New Testament, Government, & Morality)

by whereami 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Amazing.....I agree that there were sanctions and persecutions against Christians prior to AD 64, but I feel that the picture of the time when Romans was written (AD 56) is far too overdrawn; I don't think the government was at the time rounding up Christians en masse for execution, although less than a decade later they definitely were doing that. This was even before Paul's first imprisonment and when that occurred Paul seemed to have held out hope that he would be vindicated by the Roman authorities, and if he indeed was released after his trial as most people think (and only later imprisoned a second time), then indeed he was.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think that Paul KNOWING how the Romans were VS any type of rebellion was just advocating common sense to the christian followes in Rome.

I don't think that ANYONE in the 1st century had any doubts of the Romans dealt with insubordination.

• whereami
    whereami

You'd think that former JW's would have had enough of that.

Hi Psac. I don't know if you were referring to me, but I happen to agree with the points being made here first by Burn and later by Leolaia.

That's why I posted this video. I wanted to hear from the "other" side of the argument. I also felt the Youtuber was being a bit closed minded on certain points and most likely seeing things that weren't there.

I appreciate everyones input on this. I'll be sure to pass on some of the points here to the creator of this Youtube video.

And yes, I've had "enough of that".

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Hi Psac. I don't know if you were referring to me,

It was a generalized comment bro, no offense meant.

As you know we tend to have a lot of these threads which show how easy it is to take a verse out of context and make it seem what itisn't, soemthing JW's are famous for.

My "point" was if ANYONE should know this, it would be former JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit