Have YOU Sold Any Of Your Gold Jewelry And If So, How Did You Do It?

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Did you sell it to these guys on TV commercials and send it in the mail?

Did you sell it locally?

Were you satisfied with what you got??

• james_woods
    james_woods

Minimus, it has just now occurred to me that I do not believe I own a single thing made of gold - except for some electronic components in computers, etc.

My wristwatch is stainless steel, and I need it to tell what time it is anyway.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I have done both, on line send in & with local merchants: my best price was gotten with the local merchants where I walked into the store, they weighed and tested the pieces and cut me a check- I used to be a registered jeweler 7 years ago, the gold market has changed a lot since I was in the game & the online guys really do skin you- with them I ended up just asking them to send it back to me after I received the quote, then taking the gold to the local jeweler

CHG

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I have done both, on line send in & with local merchants: my best price was gotten with the local merchants where I walked into the store, they weighed and tested the pieces and cut me a check- I used to be a registered jeweler 7 years ago, the gold market has changed a lot since I was in the game & the online guys really do skin you- with them I ended up just asking them to send it back to me after I received the quote, then taking the gold to the local jeweler

Exactly what I suspected when I see those ads on TV. I am not so sure that buying gold is such a great investment either, the sellers sure do seem to spend a lot of TV money trying to get you to buy it from them. Including G. Gordon Liddy, of all people.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I think my brother took some to a pawn shop. He had a ring and watch that someone had given him years ago in payment for money owed to him. He forgot about it until he noticed how much gold has gone up. The ring was given to him for a $50. debt and the watch about the same.? But it wasn't even working. He got $800. for both of them..he said he took the money and ran...lol

Snoozy

• minimus
    minimus

Gold hit $1391 today!

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

YIKES! I really need to go through my jewelry box and sell all my mismatched and ugly gold jewelry.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Gold hit $1391 today!

I thought you were supposed to buy things when they were low and sell things when they are high.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Selling gold at this time is the worst possible thing one can do! Why would someone sell gold now when Cenrtal Banks are just beginning to buy gold again? By the time currency devaluation is finished gold will be much much higher while people with moneuy in the bank will be much much poorer while the bankers will be all smiles.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Diamondiiz - I agree. I've heard that gold could hit $5,000 in the near future. Maybe that's why so many people want to buy your gold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit