Simple yes/no answers

by goddidit 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear goddit, and peace to you! For whatever it's worth:

• Every edition of the NWT bible ever printed is identical, word for word, letter for letter. - FALSE

• The NWT bible is absolutely 100% accurate in the historic events and artifacts (buildings, rivers etc.) it describes. If it seems to contain errors or contradictions, that is just because the reader is misunderstanding. - FALSE

• Some, possibly very few, details of the NWT bible aren't 100% accurate but that is due to small errors in copying and language translation over the years since the original manuscripts. - FALSE

• The bible isn't intended to be a detailed analysis of history, but its overall message is generally true and it is meant to be taken as a guide to living and an instruction from God. - FALSE

• The bible was originally written (pen to paper, chisel to stone or whatever) by men, all of which were directly inspired by God. - FALSE

• The bible was originally written (pen to paper, chisel to stone or whatever) by men, only some of which were directly inspired by God. - TRUEandFALSE. (The Bible wasn't originally written; it is a 4th century compilation of writings, some of which were directly inspired by God - however, some of what those inspired writings were altered/tampered with).

• God’s inspiration took the form of which of the following?

o Direct dictation of words - TRUE (as to that which was truly written under inspiration) o Influencing people’s lives in such a way that they wrote the correct words - TRUE (if under the same inspiration as above)

o Commanding people to write what they saw - TRUE o Revealing truth directly to people’s minds - FALSE(it was their hearts, actually)
    o Some of the first four statements (please specify which) - TRUE (see above)
    o All of the first four statements - FALSE (see above)

• Every human, chimp, lion, mouse, kangaroo, ferret and goat alive today has a direct ancestor on Noah’s ark. - TRUE (each according to its kind, not its genus or species)

• Every insect alive today has a direct ancestor on Noah’s ark. - TRUE (see above)

• Every plant life alive today has a direct ancestor on Noah’s ark. - FALSE (plants come from the earth; those today, after the water receded)

• Every bird alive today has a direct ancestor on Noah’s ark. - TRUE (see re humans, etc., above)

• Freshwater fish, which cannot live in saltwater, did not survive the flood. - FALSE

• Freshwater fish did not exist before the flood. - FALSE (saltwater fish did not exist before the Flood as there was no salt in the water prior to. Salt comes from the earth and washed into the water as a result of the Flood)

• Freshwater fish are the descendants of saltwater fish that adapted to freshwater after the flood. - FALSE (saltwater fish are the descendants of freshwater fish and adapted to saltwater after the Flood; to brackish water first, then full salt)

• Dinosaurs went extinct before the great flood. - Depending on what constitutes a "dinosaur"... TRUE, as to some;FALSE, as to others

• Dinosaurs were wiped out by the flood. - TRUE, as to some; FALSE, as to others

• Dinosaurs were on Noah’s ark. - TRUE, as to some;FALSE, as to others

• Bats are birds. - FALSE (yet, isn't it "funny" that spirit beings are likened to birds, when in fact they really are closer to bats, at least in appearance?)

• Before ‘the fall’ there was no death whatsoever. FALSE (although death had not yet entered into THIS world, death certainly did exist)

• Before ‘the fall’ there was no death except for some ‘lower’ life forms, perhaps including bacteria.FALSE (none in this world, even as to lower forms; existence outside this world - see above)

• Before ‘the fall’ shellfish didn’t die. FALSE (the genus didn't exist at the time)

• Before ‘the fall’, tapeworms were vegetarians. FALSE(the genus/species didn't exist at the time)

For the record I am an atheist and believe in evolution.

Cool! I am a christian and I absolutely believe in evolution... of the species (as Darwin did), and even the genus. But not of the class, order, family, or above.

The Watchtower is a publishing company, a real-estate company and mind-control evil cult.

I absolutely agree. It is also a false prophet, led and held up by false christs (anointed).

I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Just to clarify, I was not answering as I would. I was trying to think of what the typical JW response would be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit