Secret elders meeting in the end of 2010

by Lore 28 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie
    Is there going to be a security pat-down at the entrance?

Don't touch my junk!!!!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

What did she mean? Please explain.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I bet the wives weren't invited to "The meeting"...

Still into their secret society stuff huh?

Snoozy..who sees them as little boys playing grownup that haven't grown up yet..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I bet the wives weren't invited to "The meeting"...
    Still into their secret society stuff huh?
    Snoozy..who sees them as little boys playing grownup that haven't grown up yet..

http://poietes.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/he-man-woman-haters-club-bw.jpg

................................ ...OUTLAW

• JeffT
    JeffT

Re: College education (or lack thereof)

Itsacult, tell your wife that I don't know what might have changed since I left in 1988, but it was a CA talk in which my teenage children were told they could not go to college that caused me to leave. If that has changed I'll give her my e-mail address and she can show me where in the literature.

I was also told in 1973 that I should not go to grad school because the world was going to end before I could spend two years getting my MA.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Here is a link to the letter concerning this 'secret' meeting and the new elders book:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/199246/1/LETTER-TO-ELDERS-CONCERNING-THE-NEW-ELDERS-BOOK

• fokyc
    fokyc

The instructions on what to study:

"We are providing the textbooks to elders in advance so that you will be able to read the book through before attending the school. You will want to concentrate particularly 0n chapters 1,2, 4-7,9, and 11, since they will be considered specifically at the school. In addition to your Shepherding textbook, please remember to bring your Bible, Organized to Do Jehovah's Will, Benefit From Theocratic Ministry School Education, and some note paper. In the Organized book, you should review chapters 3 and 7. along with pages 117- 119. In the Ministry School book, you should review pages 47-55, 130, and 265-271. Please advise ministerial servants that in addition to their Bible and note paper, they should bring theIr Organized and Ministry School books. They should review the same material in the Ministry School book as the elders, and in the Organized book, they should review chapters 6-8, along with pages 117-119.

You will note in chapter 5, paragraph 9, of the Shepherding textbook that a change in terminology is being introduced. A new term, "brazen conduct," will be used in addition 10 " loose conduct." or in some cases instead of "loose conduct." This new term has been chosen by the Governing Body because it more accurately conveys the thought of the original Greek word that is translated "loose conduct" in the New World Translation."

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Ah,they are probably just trying to figure out which hotel chain to try and hustle for a free room for the summer assemblies. Honestly,they have more "secret meetings" than the klan. Stoooopid religion.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Honestly,they have more "secret meetings" than the klan.....AquaGirl

WBT$..

Secret Elders Meeting..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• David2002
    David2002

Skeeter claims regarding the so-called "secret meeting" that he heard...

"1) A JW can give a disfellowshipped family member room and board if there is an extreme emergency.

Now, I don't know if there was any illustrations of what constituted an extreme emergency or family member.

2) A JW can himself/herself attend college or pay for another to attend college only if the person attending AND the JW did not become spiritually weak.

So, this allows elders to send their kids to University? But, makes the kids "keep in" the Truth to get their tuition. Loving provision with no coercion hey? Reminds me of the people who use a spouse through Law or Medical school, then gets divorced immediately afterwards. I hope some JW kids milk the hell out of their elder families. LOL."

GIVE ME A BREAK... throughout the years, I know of many elders that sent their children to college...attending college was always a personal decision, and many young Christians, sometime with their support of their parents, including their fathers who were elders, decided to attend. Even Raymond Franz said that much in his book regarding elders sending their children to college...

There have always been Witnesses relatives that have provided room and board to a immediate family member or relative that has been disfellowship. That is nothing new.

TELL ME A REAL SECRET...not the some made up story...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit