by jgnat 69 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

Grunt, grunt, me hate Hawkeyes

• tec
    tec

• agonus
    agonus

Wait a sec... who brought up "Trekkies" and "Big Red" first, or are we seriously sharing the same psychic space? This is getting scary. Bonzo, you go to bed and the Gipper here will sign off as well.

And, first thing in the morning, I'm going to enjoy some nice eggs and bacon that comes in strips.

• agonus
    agonus

tec, I think we're about as confused as you are at this point... see this is what happens when people are too clueless to realize they're on the same damn continent

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

good night, all. Entertaining thread.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

• Well since we have the "truth" we have to look for the best time to get people to listen...(read all of this before u bust me)
    • So when people are "down" that is the best time for their minds to be willing to accept the "truth" that we are trying to teach them.
    • When you are 'In the Truth" you don't see this as a mind controling tactic because you believe it is in the best interest of them and once they SEE the "truth" at that time...they will now be awaken to this new wonderful information that they were blinded to before.
    • When someone believes what they are doing is right...you can not hold it againts them! (like many of us at one time)

Sw

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

jgnat:

I was @ the service meeting and sat thru this part & there were 2 or 3 unbelieving mates in attendance also. It was as though the society was putting them on the spot. That made me feel for them. I wanted no part of the discussion. It was a part intended for 20 minutes and I think the individual conducting took 23 minutes.

The KM article is another indicator of the organization's disparate state of mind!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The worst I fielded was directly after the meeting, when hubby asked me what it would take to join the Watchtower Society.

What does he respond with when you ask "what would it take for him to leave the Watchtower Society?"

• dinah
    dinah

That part about catching them when they are sick or dealing with the death of someone close is the most disgusting thing I've seen in a long time.

It reminds me of vultures hovering around a carcass.

• jgnat
    jgnat

jwfacts, my hubby has become very discouraged at times and hedged around the thought of leaving. My big, no, huge mistake is to suggest he won't have anywhere to go; he can always come to my church. (It's that evil little imp in me that makes me do it. The part that doesn't want to be lobotomized). At the mention of any other place of worship, hubby shuts down. He is adamant that if he leaves the Watchtower Bible and Tract society, he will go no-where else. Silly me. Of course he says so. It's been ingrained in him that everywhere else is evil.

When someone believes what they are doing is right...you can not hold it againts them! (like many of us at one time)

Sayswho, I do not believe that a fallacious but sincerely held belief lets people off the hook. Especially if that belief puts people in danger. Not that the Kingdom Hall is dangerous per se; deadly boring and life-sucking, but not dangerous. Consider the extreme evangelical interpretation of Paul's admonition, "Consider it all joy, brothers....(James 1:2)" I've seen families in deep grief, bottling their pain because they fear it is "unscriptural". Or even worse, Job's comforters reminding the grieving family that they should not be sad. Heck, I miss my hubby if we are separated for more than two days. Can't we miss someone without repudiating heaven?

Consider other sincerely held beliefs in the past that endangered lives and as society was enlightened, the practices dropped. We used to "bleed" people to heal them, for instance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit