Latest article from Stephen Bates

by Ivor Hope 13 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I love it!

Keep pounding away at 'Theocratic War Strategy'! Keep
    the Watchtower's feet to the fire!

How wonderful it is to have an official doctrine
    in which they admit to being deliberate liars.
    What more could you ask for, if your purpose is
    exposing them in public view?

metatron

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Being in the States, I can't go out to purchase a copy - so I'm sending an e-mail to:

Emily Bell
    Editor-in-Chief
    [email protected]

Thanking them for publishing Stephen Bates' "Witness on the Watchtower" as a commentary/reply to JR Brown's letter to the Guardian.

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

oh bum ! i usually buy the guardian on a saturday - but i was working this morning and forgot ! typical !

i'd be interested in how this could be substantiated:
    "they hope no one notices that their standard depiction of the onset of Armageddon is a jet plane crashing into a New York skyscraper"

does anyone have a reference where this is actually pictured or is this an 'illustrative' use ?

• Flip
    Flip
    ...they hope no one notices that their standard depiction of the onset of Armageddon is a jet plane crashing into a New York skyscraper.

Astute editorial by Bates considering he's never had the experience of being a Jehovah's Witness, but before I compliment the editor through email, anybody know what is meant by the above statement?

Although I'm aware that the WTBTS uses depictions of destruction as a useful motivator for association and purchasing their publications, I'm not aware of them illustrating jet planes crashing into New York as a standard.

Can anyone discribe even one example?

Flip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit