Jehovah’s Witness Spouses

by Spade 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spade
    Spade

I seriously doubt there's anyone with a spouse that's a Jehovah's Witness here. But if so, how do you absorb all the hateful rhetoric disseminated here without spitting it back in your spouses face?

• dozy
    dozy

I seriously doubt there's anyone with a spouse that's a Jehovah's Witness here.

If you read through a few posts , think you'll find that there are many of us in that situation. Thankfully my wife isn't a self-righteous unpleasant JW and she is able to distance herself from a lot of the JW rhetoric. Ex-JWs take issue with the WTBTS and their false teachings rather than against individual JWs , most of whom are decent people. Like many couples in this situation we agree to disagree on certain issues.

• fokyc
    fokyc

You couldn't be more wrong!

There are many here who have there other half in the so called 'Truth'

As to your question; With great difficulty! I just have to tolerate the status quo.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If I did that, I would be dragging myself down to their level.

• fokyc
    fokyc

?

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

My husband was a JW when we met and married. However, I am happy to say that we have now not been to a KH for two years this month.

He never really wanted to be one anyway it was pressure from his mother so he was never pushy about anything and did not go out on FS or hand in a report.

We have had to move house though to put it all behind us.

• only me
    only me

My husband is a JW. There are times we have great difficulty staying together, but there are longer times we are okay. Not happy with each other's choices, but okay.

There are many more hateful words coming from my husband and his JW family than ever have appeared here on this forum. My daughters and I have been vilified in so many ways... it would take too long to write it all out and my husband and I are at peace right now, but his family is something else altogether. Hateful and vindictive don't even scratch the surface of their slanderous behavior.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Why is that?

Moreover, there is an entire section at JWS forum, dedicated to folks with JW spouses, if you're interested.

http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php?board=25.0

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    But if so, how do you absorb all the hateful rhetoric disseminated here without spitting it back in your spouses face?.....Spade

..................... ...OUTLAW

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spade said:

I seriously doubt there's anyone with a spouse that's a Jehovah's Witness here. But if so, how do you absorb all the hateful rhetoric disseminated here without spitting it back in your spouses face?

My reply: Are you braindead? My spouse is a born-in and active JW. I have not seen hateful rhetoric here...I have seen some justifiable anger..and lots of factual info about the cult I was raised in. It would be considered hateful rhetoric only by those whose minds are captivated by the cult, known as Jehovah's Witnesses.

Do you intentionally say stupid things or do they just fall out of your head by mistake?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit