Beer

by AnonJW 13 Replies latest jw friends

• AnonJW
    AnonJW

Beer will get you through times of no money more than money will get you through times of no beer!

What's ur fav beer?

• wobble
    wobble

I like real ales, and lagers with taste and flavour.

As I am a "Man of Kent" I like the stuff brewed by Britain's oldest brewer Shepherd Neame, based in Kent, U.K they do a number of seasonal ales, their Late Red for autumn is good.

They do a unique Christmas Ale, different every year, and usually around 7%, what a winter warmer !

I like Morland's "Old Speckled Hen " too.

When asked what church I attend I always say "The church of the Holy Shepherd and St. Neame " but I do frequent places of worship by other faiths, (breweries)

I do not like drinking on an empty stomach, so, as I am going to have a few beers later, it is 5pm here in the U.K, I am at present supping a glass of health drink i.e Red Wine.

Do I have an alcohol problem ? Nah, I always seem to get enough.

• AnonJW
    AnonJW

Me - newcastle brown, honey dew, stella, anythin really. Cider mostly. Been on Stella followed by a JD and coke followed by a stella followed by a JD ........this (all)afternoon

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

My everyday beer is michelob ultra, just beers I like and seek out newcastle and magic hat nine magic hat circus boy. Now when I'm feeling festive or got some extra money I get a bottle of Chimay ale grand reserve...$14 a pop BUT IT HAS SOME KICK!!!

I plan to find one of these tonight

http://www.baersbeverageinc.com/logos/image/beers/MOYLANS/KILT%20LIFTER.jpg

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

A fine drop from the Yorkshire Dales

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

My 2 altime favorites Hopsickle Imperial Ale & Hopstoopid I love a beer with lots and lots of hops. Hops are what make a beer truley worth drinking the effect of the hops being mildly narcotic.

• zoiks
    zoiks

A favorite or two:

Rogue Shakespeare Stout

Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale

Now, I have been known to have a PBR habit as well. I can't help it. It's so cheap, and so full of irony.

• karter
    karter

Monteith's New Zealand larger.

Voted best in the world.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm with you Darth, love the Chimay, all three labels.

It's on sale at Whole Foods here in NYC this week for 11.99

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Especially in the winter, I like something substantial--like Anchor Porter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit