Elders manual-WTF?

by lostsheep82 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

Kay, being a 'sister' obviously an Elders manual was out of our reach and still is to all the sisters and non-elders. BUT I started reading it, and like within 3 minutes noticed something wrong!

P 30/31:

During the meeting, closely examine the

Scriptural qualiftcations of brothers who may

qualify, and make sure that the brother being considered

measures up to a reasonable degree. Pray for

God's spirit to guide you. (wOl 1/15 p. 14 par. 13)Governing Body and representatives rely heavily

upon your good judgment and spiritual discernment

in making your recommendations.

“As a general rule he should have well behaved minor children, who are believing. They should be either progressing towards dedication to

God, or already be baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses. The scriptural qualification involves having ‘children in subjection with all seriousness’ (1 Tim 3:4) The conduct of adult children still living in the home also reflects upon him. W90 9/1 p. 25 par. 7; w88 3/1 p. 24 par. 5

This is so fucked up! the statements describe what qualifies you as an elder. the first statement was about the meeting the other Elders have with a newly intrested Elder so to speak or someone wanting to become an elder. what bothers me with this ONE statement which makes the whole book rubbish to me, is that if the GB are sooooo spirit anointed, and directed by Jehovah, why do they have to 'rely' on the other elders 'good judgment and spiritual discernment' in making their recommendations. This statement ALONE in my opinion, cancells out the rule of the GB apointing Elders through holy spirit. WTF!

Also, "As a genaral rule he should have well behaved minor shildren, who are believeing1" So on top of the fact that it isn't the Holy spirit that guides the GB to apoint an elder, his kids have to believe all the bullshit the society publishes? fcuk, an elder has to jump through his own hoops to become an elder.

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!

Im on page 31 and I'm already very discruntled! Excuse my spelling at times it's early in the am and I'm severly hungover!

LOL

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

No doubt you've seen how well-connected brothers are easily appointed, etc.

• lostsheep82
  • fokyc
    fokyc

I also noticed something wrong in your post!

During the meeting, closely examine the

Scriptural qualiftcationsof brothers who may

qualify, and make sure that the brother being considered

When extracting pieces from published material, it is essential to check carefully!

That typo IS NOT in the copy which was made available on this site.

It reduces your thoughts to nothing as YOU are wrong!

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

I will download your version fokyc, because I received two PMs, one from you and one from someone else, and i downloaded the first persons elders book, looked at the first 5-10 pages and they looked like the same so I kept the other one, and didn't re-download yours. I will now download yours, and compare, because I extracted it correctly from the version i downloaded:)

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

sorry Fokyc, but page 30 para 2, says exactly what I quoted. I certainly would never want to mis quote something.

• Lore
    Lore

I believe fokyc is reffering to the typo: "qualiftcations" is spelled "qualifications"

This mistake is actually likely to be a result of the image to text conversion done in the PDF mistaking an i for a t.

Not sure what bearing that has on the meaning but apparently it nullifies everything you said.

You know, just like a single scribal error in the bible would nullify the whole book.

• sir82
    sir82

The real qualifications for being named an MS or elder:

1) Male

2) 10+ hours of field service per month *

3) "Visible" in the congregation: comments at meetings, give halfway decent talks, show up for Kingdom Hall cleaning

4) Immediate family members not an embarrassment to the congregation or (especially) the elders

5) Keep out of trouble - never a need for counsel from elders on dress, grooming, drinking, etc.

* Note that's 10 hours per month on your report - it matters not a flying fig how much time you actually do, nor how effective you are at it

If you follow those 5 steps, eventually you will be an MS. If you are an MS, if you follow those 5 steps for a few years more, you will be an elder.

Here's a few "bonus" extras that can speed the process along:

1) Regular pioneer / Bethelite

2) Contribute large sums of money, or give special favors, to the CO and/or the most persuasive elders on the BOE

Qualities which are utterly and completely irrelevant to being appointed - these topics are never ever considered in a meeting to consider appointments:

1) Intelligence

2) Kindness

3) Compassion

4) Generosity

5) Patience

6) Empathy

7) Honesty

8) Personal Integrity

9) Fairness

I could probably name a couple dozen more, but you get the picture.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Thank you Lore for the clarification, as I offered a copy of said book, I feel responsible for it's accuracy. My 25Mb copy DOES NOT contain that mis-spelling; I am aware of some other inferior compact versions being circulated.

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

i will take responsibility for that typo, as when I tried to copy and paste from the PDF it didn't paste right, so I re-typed the words. The quote is accurate, minus the spelling mistake that I made.

Apologies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit