Mental torture

by stuckinamovement 16 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

STUCKINAMOVEMENT- I feel for you my friend. I believe we all go through that to some degree - depending on whether we had doubts right before we left the organization or not. What helped me was educating myself on why I felt like I did. We were all duped by a mind control cult- no shame in that on OUR part- it was the WT society that was and is the Bastard that duped us or tricked us for their own purposes. Let's put the blame where blame goes - yet you need to CREDIT yourself for seeing through the BS and pat yourself on the back for finding out NOW when you did !

2 real great books I highly recommend you read are Steve Hassan's " Combatting Cult Mind Control ' & " Releasing the Bonds- Empowering People to Think for Themselves ". BOTH of those books helped me to lose a lot of my anger and realize WHAT cAUSED me ( and millions of others ) to be duped by cult mind control of the WT society. Once you see how ALL cults( including JW's ) work - the picture becomes pretty clear. If you ever want to talk I' LL PM you my phone number and I'd be glad to offer my friendship. Meanwhile- If you keep having depressing thoughts- please seek professional counseling or a liscensed therapist to talk to. That has helped MANY people on the board here. Hang in there buddy, we all care

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I so relate to what you say. You will feel better after a while, then happy.

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

I understand completely! Even though I KNOW it's not the 'truth', I find it hard to shake EVERYTHING I've ever known. I mean I can't even talk about religion or God cause I feel like I don't know anything anymore. I don't know what's real and what's not. I think a lot of us resort to drinking. It's not the answer, but it does silence the brain. I find I get so anxious and obsessed with figuring out WHY this isn't the truth. All I ask constantly is WHY? It's almost like the first 20 years of my life was a dream, now waking up to reality.

Reality is better then the dream but it's still hard.

• Butterflyleia85
  • WontLeave
    WontLeave

Leaving is relatively easy. Staying in and being a mindless drone is easy. Staying in and trying to be a Christian when everyone around you is too busy being a "Witness" is hard. We are living in the modern-day equivalent of 1st-Century Judaism. We are skinned and thrown about by a clergy class who teach the doctrines of men. Some chose to get right in the faces of the power-hungry Pharisees and were berated, persecuted, imprisoned, tortured, or executed for it. Some - like Joseph of Arimathea - chose to quietly follow Christ without the knowledge of their contemporaries. It happened again during the Inquisitions.

Think about how bad things got during those times, then keep in mind "for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now". Things are only going to get worse. Jesus called the temple "my father's house", but it had been taken over by people who were so concerned about being their idea of "Jewish", they gave no thought to being God's chosen people. Hundreds of years later, people were so concerned with being Catholic, they didn't give any thought to being Christian. Now, they're so caught up in following Jehovah's Witness doctrine, they don't give any consideration to following Jesus. History is repeating itself and we can learn from it or we can turn a blind eye and let the worsening "pangs of distress" chase us away. The Pharisees refused to acknowledge they were behaving in an evil manner, as did the Catholic inquisitors. Elders and Society mucky-mucks aren't going to be any quicker to admit or even realize their actions as wicked.

Lynch mobs, Nazi Gestapo, Inquisitions, etc. are made up of ordinary, normal people acting as a group. One day, our "brothers" might become our tormentors or murderers. Jesus warned, "A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will persecute YOU also." Who persecuted Jesus? The pagan Roman priests and priestesses? The Roman government outsiders? No. The corrupt men who had usurped authority over his Father's house. Jesus went on to say, "In fact, the hour is coming when everyone that kills YOU will imagine he has rendered a sacred service to God."

Personally, I've chosen to tough it out until Jesus comes and provides the only viable and permanent solution; his kingship. Every group so far has been corrupted and the end is too soon - in my opinion - for something else to take the place of the current regime before Armageddon. If being true to your beliefs was easy, Paul wouldn't have said "we are of all men most to be pitied." Misery loves company and wrongdoers can't stand to be near righteousness. They will drag you into their activities or view you as the enemy. Early Christians were willing to die at the hands of their Jewish "brothers", as were true Christians willing to die for their beliefs at the hands of their church "brothers" during the Dark Ages. The time may come if government power crumbles - leaving total anarchy - the JWs may have no fear of legal consequences for physically - not being satisfied with only emotionally - attacking those who obstinately cling to the Bible for guidance, rather than share in their idolatry to a publishing company headed by 8 old men.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77
    In short, once you find out that everything you have believed, lived for and sacrificed so much for is false, it is torture.

Felt the same way the first 3 months. Then I realized I needed to fill the negative void/feelings with positive. That lead me on the search. Picked up a few books that people recommended here on this site which then lead me to pick up some books on Buddhism and meditation. Then BAM! No negative feelings, in fact, great positive energy and thoughts.

The trick is once you leave, start filling the void with positive anything. Read the bible without WT trash, that helped me a ton too, I still read passages to reflect on throughout the week.

JW's have been beat to death with worthlessness and making them feel less than an ant, that once we leave, if you don't replace that void, those feelings of guilt will creep in and ransack your soul.

It's war. War with yourself and war with the WTS. We all have our fight internally with it when we leave or start leaning towards leaving.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Thanks to all for your comments and encouragement. Excercise is helping to mitigate some negative feelings. Rage against the machines lol. I feel better and have been sleeping better. It is a process that will take a while. Ironic how even though the organization claims to provide a way for a person to save his soul, in reality it steals his soul for its own purposes.

Once you get burned by something, there is at first a blister, then a pain that lasts for a long time, and then after healing, a scar. I am in the pain stage and looking forward to the scar.

Take care,

SIAM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit