I can spot a Brit a mile away...

by varian 22 Replies latest jw friends

• varian
    varian

...tatooed arms (e.g. mum & dad), diamond socks, baked beans, every second word beginns with an f., red faced on teneriffa, binge drinking....anything else? (please take this with humor my friends)

• serein
    serein

i totaly agree, im a brit and althoe im not of that description, most of the people around were i live are. and thats just the grannys lol

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Complaining and comparing everything to how it is back at home, even though they are on holidays...

(experienced this from an English JW couple while on holidays in Greece) - didn't like the heat, didn't like the food, blah blah blah...)

• wobble
    wobble

Good job I am not a "Brit".

I was born,and raised in England.

I am not proud of the English, I just happened to be born here, but I would rather say I am English than British.

In my mind "British" has always been associated with the murkier parts of our History, despite the inaccuracy, England has not.

"Brits abroad" conjures up the image mentioned above, "an Englishman abroad" reminds me of a slightly effete type like Hugh Grant, a bit confused by things foreign, but quite harmless.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Haha, good one. I am a brit living abroad and even I cringe at times. On holiday (yes Tenerife) overheard a couple moaning to each other on the bus trip about why the signs couldn't be in english on the roads! Hello! Same holiday I pretended I could not speak english with my friends as the table next to us had the foulest mouthed people I have ever heard, but what made it worse was the fact that they did not seem to realise that they were offending people; to them it was normal speech.

Long socks in sandels with shorts, red knees from the sun, as well as anything else that sticks out. Talking louder because they think that makes the poor person not speaking english understand better, etc etc

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hey you lot>>>>> I am a Brit & ruddy proud of it
    And what's more I am a Cockney the BACK BONE of Merry Ole England

I want you ALL to stand in the corner ....
    ( goes away whispering to my self " bloody lot of judgemental kids on that JWN line

• nugget
    nugget

depends where you live I suppose.

• nelly136
    nelly136

varian, you forgot the hairy builders crack (e.g. mum & dad)

most commonly referred to as 'builders bum'

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

...tatooed arms (e.g. mum & dad), diamond socks, baked beans, every second word begins with an f., red faced on teneriffa, binge drinking....anything else?

Those aren't indigenous to the UK, they are every where, they are called White Trash Low Lifes.

They are all over the world......even Russia

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

What are diamond socks?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit