Eliminating all traces of exJWs

by Scully 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I have put away the pictures of the family I don't see anymore but I haven't destroyed them; not even the pictures of my father, my molester. But then except for a few pictures of me and my hubbie, I don't have a picture gallery.

Blondie

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I remember a family that had a bookstudy/ service group at their home and they had a DF'ed son's pic hanging with probably 30 other family photo's going down their basement steps. Well someone was offended by it and said it must come down, so the brother had to remove it or have the group removed from his home. So sad! NMKA

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Scully,

To answer your initial question, it is a personal choice; some radicals do, some logicals, more sensibles don't.

There are apostates within my extended family circle and we still keep their pictures, gifts, whatever as before. We even exchange visits, calls, etc., not necessarily as tightly as before because there isn't so much in common anymore, but we still keep in touch and respect each other's choices.

DY

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I can assure you that the pictures of DA'd people comes off the walls.

-MF31-

• jam
    jam

someone mention eliminating your past or the life you had before you became

A JW. Since I was only 22, I didn,t have much of A past, except serving in Viet Nam.

One day the brothers was over at my home, socializing. The subject came up

about my serving in the military. Yes I served and I still have my Dress uniform.

Well that did not go over well with the BROs. They encourage me to get rid of

my military items. My medals, my uniform, my nam boots. I have

since recovered my medals, and I proudly wear my 1Cav patch today.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Jam, they were probably embarrased that they didn't serve or maybe they were jealous that you had medals...

Snoozy...

ps I don't think my JW MIL cut my face out of any pictures..at least she hadn't a few years ago. Course as far as she knew I had only disassociated myself..that wasn't as bad to her.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I am wondering something

As a parent I know how much we blame ourselves fot the problems of our children. I wonder if having pictures of family memebers who have left teh JWs is the ultimate guilt trip of not having been good JW parents. We know the JW part of this - everything was our fault. If you are an elder you have to have your "family in order". If they aren't still JWs then you failed. Putting away pictures might be a way of not feeling the guilt.

I still think it is sick. I have pictures of my mother and my grandmother. But they are put away. Only my kids and grandkids' pictures are displayed in the house

oh and my siblings who never became JWs

But even if my mother wasn't a JW her picture wouldn't have a place of honor around here

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

I think my parents feel the same, they are being sooo nice to me it's scary, but they do not communicate much in regards to my current beliefs.. they know I have a problem with disfellowshiping and 1914, still its better than being an bathtised ex-jw.

• VM44
    VM44

"hate the disgusting thing"

"digusting thing" = "The Watchtower"

• life is to short
    life is to short

I know of one family that cut out the sister in law when she left and I believe was DF'ed. It was so stupid there was the family picture with the three kids and the husband and hole cut out. Then she came back into to the truth and was gang busters had another baby even. I wondered what they did for the hole after that.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit