A Warning-Don't name names.

by ashitaka 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Utopiano Reformato
    Utopiano Reformato

Hey Ashitaka:

Since you and I "stomped" around in the same area a few years ago, I will not only agree with you, but take your advice one step further.

It's true, you need to exercise caution with some forum members as well. For example, one of the "tactics" I don't approve of is the collecting of personal information about members who post here in confidence. There are a million reasons why a person may need privacy/confidence to post here and no one has any right to judge the validity of another's personal concerns.

However, certain members here who possess personal information, or have access to those who possess have the potential to use it in a harmful way. Now, the question is when and how and why would a member use another's personal information and expose/reveal identities to the public, or to the WTBS. I say the desire and need for revenge, control and manipulation are behind these tactics. Egos can be just as large outside the WTBS as they are inside.

It makes certain ones behave just like the WTBS gestapo, when threatened, angry or jealous. Most humans problems result from misunderstandings and lack of communication. I hope members will choose resolution and cooperation rather than cloak and dagger antics when encountering personality conflicts, difficulties or differences of opinion.

The important thing I have always said is to always have a "back-door". Keep an "ace" up your sleeve and keep an eye on everyone.

Remember, the WTBS service committee would not hesitate one micro second in accepting "information" from so-called critics and apostates about certain &"sheep" who have strayed onto the internet and are rebellious. Especially, if there are doubts and suspicions lingering. It's a shame, but that is life with human beings.

Trust is a very expensive luxury, and the type of credit that is difficult to obtain. Once it's compromised, it is even more difficult to settle.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    saying that someone likes to molest little children is probably considered slander anywhere.

Actually, no. In the real world, if it is true, it isn't slander. In the fucked up world of Jehoma Williamsesessessess, well... they just don't know what to think about slander, lol. The Society has played fast and loose, bending definitions to suit their Bible deformed religious doctrine, so that individual witnesses can't figure out what slander really is.

I remember some of the twisted reasonings on this matter that we used to get into on the WitNet discussion board. It occurs to me that the witnesses who had the most confusion about the matter where also the ones who were most confused about just what honesty really means.

In other words, people who, at the end of the day, were perfectly willing to define truth as: whatever the organization says on a matter.

It occurs to me that if someone is a pedophile, they aren't going to want any sort of confrontation about it, legal or otherwise.

I do hope that people will refrain from posting rumours and suspicions. This stuff should not be taken lightly.

• Francois
    Francois

Yes, you're wrong. You have the same first amendment rights on the internet as you'd have if you were writing in a newspaper. So has the Supreme Court ruled. Go for it.

Francois

• rhett
    rhett

Then again, its a public forum. Unless someone has told you "don't use my real name" then who cares if you use a name. If you don't want someone telling someone else your name don't tell them. My name is Rhett Bourland and I live in Evansville Indiana. I couldn't care less if someone knows who I am. I will not be telling any of you my SSN though because I don't want you to have it. Moral of the story, if you dont' want someone to know your name, don't give it away. If you do give it away don't be suprised to hear about it later.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit