My Dad's passing

by happyexjw 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quando
    Quando

((((HUGS)))) Sorry that your in the father loss club, it does get better with time.

• Mary
    Mary

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. As for your aunt and uncle, unfortunately their behaviour is not unusual for Witnesses and they are utterly dispicable for saying what they did. When the dust settles, I would write them both a letter outlining their very non-Christ like behaviour and site it as one of the reasons why you'll never go back.

Many in the Organization have a totally whacked view of how to act when someone dies. Some will really weird shit like go out in Service the day after, just to show where their loyalty lies. They don't like it when you show 'too much grief' because they feel that you're not applying the scripture that says "do not mourn like those of the nation who have no hope" and obviously you don't believe that the Noo Cistern of Things is right around the corner.

It's a shame you had to go through this, but not really surprising.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Words just can't express. Most others have already said it best. My deepest condolences.

• looloo
    looloo

im so sorry about your dad and your horrid family members x

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sorry to hear about your Dad. My condolences to all your family, incuding those fine witnesses for the WTs Jehovah.

Chris

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry for your loss...sending hopes that you're comforted by true friendship while enduring both your father's passing and the awful actions of your aunt and uncle.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Take heart,a lot of people on this board are supportive of you

our condolonces

smiddy

• watson
  • Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

How sad that you had to go through this. Hold your head up and try to ignore them while you go through your grieving process.

Loz x

• clarity
    clarity

Wow, a lot of pain is coming up on this site.

So very sorry for your loss, happyexjw, losing a parent is awful..just awful.

Jw's always seem to have so much to say don't they, at times like this. Why can't they just be kind. Keep your chin up..

c

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit