How can i pull some of the books out of a wtlb cd rom ?

by average joe 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• average joe
    average joe

I have a new wtlb cd rom and i want to save some of the stuff for study and reference. How can i pull stuff out of the program such as books etc? I would like to be able to read them as pdfs but first i gotta figure out to extract them into something usable. Thanks

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am not a techie kind of person, but the books on WT's CD-ROM are just text. They didn't store formats and pictures, just data on what the pictures were and what page things were put upon. Otherwise, every book is purely text. You can copy text and paste it whereever you want, but you cannot recreate the book from the format.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Long way ...

If you don't have a PDF creator, you can download OpenOffice www.openoffice.org and install.

Copy the publication one chapter at a time and paste into text documnet.

When finished, save or output as PDF

• average joe
    average joe

Okay thanks :) Do you know where i can find good images for the cover of the pdf file. I might as well share it with others but i want to do it right. What is good pdf creator software?

• yknot
    yknot

Which books? ...... the originals might have already been PDFd.

• average joe
    average joe

The newer books in the new cd rom. I want to pull the books from the cd rom and make pdfs to share with others.

• average joe
    average joe

Where do you guys go to get book covers for your watchtower books?

• fokyc
    fokyc

WE scan the real (actual) books complete, tedious and time consuming!

Some PDF's of recent books are on the Watchtower site.

http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQCsVrGlBBX

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

So you are saying you want to break copyright law?

Many of the books on the CDs are not copies of the originals. They are doctored to hide the changes in doctrine. Therefore they are not highly wanted since it is the originals that we really need to look at when comparing how the WTS lies

• yknot
    yknot

Which book titles?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit