did jesus really succeed where adam failed?

by booby 102 Replies latest watchtower bible

• booby
    booby

Why did Jesus Christ come to the earth? The rebellion in the garden of Eden brought a death sentence upon Adam and Eve and all their offspring, but God lovingly supplied hope. He sent his Son to the earth to provide what the Bible calls a ransom. (Matthew 20: 28) What does that mean? Well, Jesus was "the last Adam"; he succeeded where Adam had failed.

Wouldn't Jesus of had to have had a wife to lose by his choosing obedience to truly succeed where adam had failed? Was it not ultimately the decision adam had to make; remain faithful and lose his soul mate, the love of his life (I would assume), or transgress to keep her and stand by her. And standing by her was a mandate of the marital vows, no?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

That's why the Church is called the "Bride" of Christ.

• tec
    tec

Do you really think Jesus would have chosen his wife over his Father? He didn't choose anyone else over his Father, (not mother, brother, loved brothers in faith, and not even himself) And he expected the same from his followers/brothers and sisters.

Not that I think it matters. Christ came and was obedient, out of love, even to his own torture and death.

(also, thinking that Eve made Adam choose between her and God is conjecture. It doesn't say anything like that anywhere.)

Tammy

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

The belief that Adam sinned in order not to lose his wife is a supposition not supported by the account itself. To believe that Adam sinned because he loved his wife so much but then turned around and blamed her and God for his sin does not add up.

• booby
    booby

guess I am just once again being led by the society and what they have published on the subject.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

No Booby.

2Tim 2:14 shows that Adam was not deceived. He would have chosen to join Eve instead of obeying God. While it is speculation to say he chose Eve over God, it really is the best explanation. I mean, we could say he chose freedom over slavery, but Christians would be even more bothered by that.

We could say that the "love" part is too much speculation. I have heard that putting boobs in a man's face will make him do anything. Maybe that's what happened.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Well, no, actually the best explanation was that he was not deceived and let it be at that. Why it is that some want Adam to be some man so in love with his wife that he defies God, is beyond me. He was not deceived and he blamed God and his wife. Why do we need anything more?

• tec
    tec

Believing makes an excellent point. The 'boobs' didn't stop Adam from blaming his wife for something he could have chosen NOT to do.

Tammy

• booby
    booby

Could a perfect man and women sin? If so was Jesus of a different sort.

• booby
    booby

And, believingxjw, why did he sin. He was perfect, what caused him to sin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit