What is the shelf life of the WT & Awake rags?

by serenitynow! 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

At what point do they stop being spiritual food dispensed at the proper time, and start being "apostate "? I don't want to make any mistakes when I point out to my JWs how I was "stumbled" by their own literature?

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I don't always pay attention to the sell by date, but if it starts to smell bad, I think you should throw it out.

• smiddy
    smiddy

WT literature has a very limited use by date

smiddy

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Why do they even bother putting the WT & Awake on cd rom and in bound volumes if it's going to be old light soon?

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

I have yet to be able to nail down my relatives on exactly when the magazines/books become old light and you can no longer reference anything in them. 50 years? 30 years? At least set a maximum, and we'll go from there!

• alanv
    alanv

To be honest, there is going to be some truth in any of their magazines. It's just the further you go back the more things you will find wrong.

As has been said, with their publications, things change all the time, but that does not mean everything is wrong. Particularly in the Awake there are many good articles about life on the planet. On the doors I used to say to poeple that the Awake is more of a Readers Digest magazine.

• wobble
    wobble

The WT's own stance is that no matter how old, if new "light" on a matter has not been published,then the old statement is still their official position.

Having said that, I know you will not get an active, believing Dub to take much notice of anything more than 20 or so years old, if even that.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

If they are kept on a shelf in the bathroom - a very short life with a messy end!

• fokyc
    fokyc

We have some from 55 years ago, they are going a stange color but still readable!

Anyone for an 'Informant'?

• Heaven
    Heaven

The WT's own stance is that no matter how old, if new "light" on a matter has not been published,then the old statement is still their official position.

They need to start publishing a "Traversing Our Material" guide so that you can hop to the exact page in the publications that are still valid. All this hopping is gonna make people tired and dizzy. Oh wait... their stuff already does that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit