H. Hunger Reviews R. Furuli's "Assyrian, Babylonian, and Egyptian Chronology, Volume II"

by AnnOMaly 248 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

A long-awaited review by Professor H. Hunger, foremost authority on Babylonian astronomical cuneiform tablets, of Dr. R. Furuli's Assyrian, Babylonian, and Egyptian Chronology. Volume II of Assyrian, Babylonian, Egyptian, and Persian Chronology Compared with the Chronology of the Bible is now available to read for anyone who is interested.

You can find it at http://goto.glocalnet.net/kf4/reviewHunger.htm

The critique is long, technical and detailed, so those who happen to have a copy of Furuli's work would find it useful to have the book to hand while reading it. For those who haven't the patience to comb through it all, it's still worth looking at the ends of each little section and particularly the 'Emotional Response' toward the bottom of the page.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Wow, very complete and yes, Professor Hunger is quote correct in his admonishment of Furli at the end.

• TD
    TD

Interesting read. Thanks Ann!

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Heh heh. Furuli gets his bare bottom spanked for trying to discredit the Assyriologists.

WT$' apologist for Loopy chronology over 607.

Damn, but it's a thorough read...

• bohm
    bohm

Holy crap, that was brutal!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

bttt

• bohm
    bohm

where is scholar when you need him! I would like to know if dr. Hunger is "celebrated"!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I love how Hunger ends this critique. After quoting Furuli's accusation (pulled out of his posterior, evidently) that a cuneiform tablet was tampered with in modern times, Hunger responds:

This conclusion accuses an unnamed person of criminal acts: this person at least “has tampered with some of the cuneiform signs”, but may even have faked half of the tablet. Since the tablet reached the Vorderasiatische Museum in 1906 and was published in 1915 in the condition reflected by the photo in the Museum’s archives, the accusation concerns any people working there at this time, including e. g. Ernst Weidner. In defence of him and all others possibly involved, I state that the accusation is utterly groundless, and I express my disgust of an author whose “open-mindedness” leads him to such accusations.

(bold is mine)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Although he exposed Furuli to be a complete idiot, Prof. Hunger failed to address the pyramidological evidence that Jesus invisible presence began in 1914, and then 607 can be calculated backwards from Danielian numerology.

Come on Furuli, write a book about pyramidology! Surely no "worldly scholar" would dare to disagree with such sound Russellian logic.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Billy,

You will be pleased to know that the process you describe is being presented at:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/TPHQURFQA6VOL3BP1

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit