WT Society Has to be Forced by Courts to Reveal Hidden Child Abuses

by flipper 39 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

In one of the new pieces of information in the new elders manual - Section 5:18 - it shows how elders are instructed to keep ALL judicial committee information private from media or attorneys. Keeping in mind how secretive the WT society has been in hiding child abuse within the Jehovah's Witnesses notice these instructions to elders now.

It states, " If a member of the media or an attorney representing the accused ( or possibly victims ) contacts the elders , they should NOT give him ANY information about the case or verify there is a JC. Rather, they should give the following explanation, " The spiritual and physical welfare of Jehovah's Witnesses is of paramount concern to the elders, who have been appointed to " shepherd the flock ". The elders extend this shepherding confidentially . Confidential shepherding makes it easier for those who seek the elders help to do so without worrying that what they say to the elders will be divulged later . Consequently , we DO NOT comment on whether elders are currently or have formerly met to assist any member of the congregation. If there is a need to do so, the elders may obtain the inquirer's name and phone number and inform him that THEIR attorney will contact him. The elders should then PROMPTLY telephone the branch office. " Can you say secretive closed society ? Which wants to keep eveything happening " in-house " ?

Problem is - The WT society feels they are above the laws of the land. They feel they don't have to answer to man-made laws requiring revealing of felony child abuses in their midst. But they are grossly mistaken. They DO have to answer to the laws of the United States of America if required by courts. A case in point was that of Gilbert Simental of Murietta , California - a then practicing Jehovah's Witness who in the Spring of 2008 was brought up on charges of molesting 2 Jehovah's Witness young girls. The elders in his congregation refused to go to court to testify about what was discussed at Simental's judicial committee meetings. Here is the link discussing Simental's case & the elders refusal to testify titled " Jehovah's Witnesses Elders Refusing to Testify in Molestation Case " : http://www.religionnewsblog.com/20813/jehovahs-witnesses-17.

As it turned out the courts in California FORCED the JW elders to testify in this case through a court order - in spite of WT attorneys fighting against it . Simental was found guilty and sentenced to 45 years to life in prison. In California there is NO clergy penitent law where confidentiality can be used by pastors or elders if dealing with felonious crimes needing to be criminally prosecuted . Access to child abuse information will be attained by prosecuting attorneys & court orders if necessary.

So - Do you hear that WT society ? You cannot hide criminal child abuse occuring within your ranks of members. If push comes to shove your organization will be pushed against the wall by man made courts requiring justice - a much higher standard than that you require of your own organization. You may attempt to hide it from your invisible God , your members & the media - but as Simental's case shows - the courts in America have more control and power than you do. Take it to heart - but I know you won't - reputation and outward appearance are more important to the WT society than justice.

As always- I welcome any & all comments from JWN members on this subject. Thanks and Peace out to all. Mr. Flipper

• booby
    booby

I think that info is copyrighted by the society.

• booby
    booby

I just thought about how inappropriate making a funny on this thread is, Sorry,

• flipper
    flipper

BOOBY- It's alright. Don't sweat it . I'm just showing how the WT society's perception of reality in their instructions to elders differs a lot with the reality of what the WT society will face in courts when forced to come clean with JC information by court orders as in the Gilbert Simental case

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

why stop with individual court cases, go for the files at crooklyn bethel. send all the pedo bastards to a puond me in the a@# prison

• wasblind
    wasblind

Even if it is copyrighted, the cat is out of the bag

and any lawyer for the plaintiff can request that info

• flipper
    flipper

EVIDENTLY APOSTATE - I agree the Brooklyn Pedo files should be attained by someone who can access it and share it with media or attorneys . As for molesters being sent to prison - I totally agree. They'll receive full compensation by big beefy inmates - which they deserve.

WASBLIND- Exactly. Good point. Whether the WT society copyrights this information or not - a plaintiffs attorney can request and gain access to it to prove a case against a charged molester. I hope attorneys DO access it and spread it around

• wasblind
    wasblind

" They'll receive full compensation by big beefy inmates - which they deserve"

Oh No!!!! don't drop the soap

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Mixed feelings on this. At first, I realize that clergy-penitent privilege is wide and covers confessions of all kinds of crimes. Even as an unbeliever, I recognize the value of keeping that for believers.

But then I know that the problem with this loophole for JW's was that they are not talking about confessions to help the sinner and they don't keep the confidentiality anyway. They share the info. with WTS, so they don't qualify.

Further, they claim not to be "clergy."

If a man confesses child abuse to his priest, I have no problem with the priest using this clergy-penitent privilege. The parishioner is coming to him for help and the priest can help him to turn himself in or at the very least stop committing the crime. He wouldn't go to the priest without this confidentiality in most cases.

But in the case of elders, no matter what, they are going to go to WTS to cover their asses first and foremost ahead of helping the man or the victim.

• Joshinaz
    Joshinaz

Its a shame the victims don't just go strait to the police instead of the elders first.

Its a shame the victims think they are going to get sympothy and the help they need from the cong. instead of reporting the crimes to the state.

I know too many people who were molested and had the elders cover it up from going to the law. Unfortunately, the crimes were too many years ago to pursue anything now. It just shows how long this crap has been going on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit