Circuit assembly symposium outline part 3

by billyboy 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bobld
    bobld

Labourers work for pennies a day.What about the Watchtower Farms you had slave labour working for nothing zero dollars.You fired your slave labourers sold the farm for big bucks and bought your produces from markets that used Mexician to pick vegetables for next to nothing.Shame Shame ahame.

B

• VM44
    VM44

"Scam Artists Victimize Millions!”

Actually, the headlines were:

"Scam Watchotwer Corporation Victimzes Millions!"

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The traveling merchants are about to pass away.

Always with the immediate urgency of the times. They have been saying these merchants are "about to pass away" for 100 years.

-Sab

• baltar447
    baltar447

I can understand the "traveling merchants" being the military industrial complex, which I believe is evil based on it's track record. But the military industrial complex doesn't really do business with the WT's babylon the great. So to me it doesn't really compute. I mean, religion buys alot of stuff, but no more than anyone else really.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Satan also controls, as part of his world, a greedy and oppressive commercial system, referred to as "the traveling merchants." (Rev. 18:11) Imagine another article on the front page of your local newspaper entitled: "Scam Artists Victimize Millions!" ..."

I found that highly ironic... My first thought was of "Da Judge" Rutherford and his opulent lifestyle during the Great Depression...

"Interview a brother, sister, or couple who are content with a modest lifestyle. Perhaps they used to give in to the world's desires before they came into the truth, but they relate how Jehovah has taught them a better way. Perhaps they now engage in the full-time ministry.
    Or you might interview a brother or family who over time became entangled in acquiring unnecessary possessions. Once they realized the burden of caring for them, they decided to simplify their life and have greatly increased the joy in their service to Jehovah. ..."

The bottom line is; "Brothers, make do with less, because WE need YOUR money!!!"

And they're still discouraging higher education... Sheesh... Whatta buncha idiots!!!

Zid

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Classic summary for this entire talk:

"The bottom line is; "Brothers, make do with less, because WE need YOUR money!!!"

Just classic. I'd love to be sitting at an assembly, next to a bunch of JW (especially late teens, early 20's) and write this real large on a blank sheet of a tablet. Underline it, then just leave it on my lap. Bet that would get them to think.

- Wing Commander

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit