Am I reading this right?

by RedhorseWoman 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Olivia
    Olivia

Please address me in a manner that I will understand what you are trying to say. What has cows milk to do with blood? Sorry, but I don't get your logic. Explain!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Seems to me that the command "Not to eat blood" was just so's the gentiles wouldn't offend the Jews.

The fact that it's OK to have an organ transplant but not a blood transfusion is very odd. After all, isn't there now someone elses blood flowing though the transplanted organ?

Englishman.

• Olivia
    Olivia

NWT - Genesis 9:3,4 "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. As in the case of green vegetaion, I do give it all to you. Only flesh with its soul-it's blood-you must not eat". This is the first record in the Bible of Jehovah's instruction to not "consume" blood. It was given to Noah, not Gentiles.

• freeman
    freeman

FYI Olivia:

Cows milk has tons of a forbidden blood component in it, i.e. white blood cells. It truly is a wacky blood policy that defies science, logic, reason, or scripture. Just my 2 cents.

Freeman

• SYN
    SYN

EnglishMan: Excellent point, and it just shows exactly how bloody hypocritical the Tower can be.

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• D8TA
    D8TA
    Please address me in a manner that I will understand what you are trying to say. What has cows milk to do with blood? Sorry, but I don't get your logic. Explain!

Well, since I DON'T KNOW in what MANNER you will understand as to what I'm saying...I'll do my best.

1) Go buy some cow milk
    2) Pour it in a glass container.
    3) Take the glass container and set it outside for 3 days.
    4) On the 3rd day, post what you observe as to what happened to the milk.
    5) I think you will be suprised as to what you see.

Or, to wipe out your ignorance on the subject of milk, I'm not your daddy. YOU go out and research the components of milk.

Now, as to your argument on Jehovah's view on blood:

1) Go to your local Kingdom Hall
    2) Report that for many years you have been drinking and enjoying milk.
    3) This will show that you are not repentant
    4) Now, enjoy being disfellowshiped.

(after all, should you go in an admit that you've commited fornication for many years and enjoyed it, would you not also be disfellowshiped?)

D8TA v2.0

• TheresMoreToCome
    TheresMoreToCome

This is an issue that has stumbled me a great deal, although I am not very knowledgeable about the subject. I never understood why God would want someone to die for something so minute. I feel sick just thinking that people have died because of this, and then, they have the nerve to go and change it? Oh God, I feel sick.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    'abstain from blood' ???

I never got that either! How do we know that it doesnt mean something else? Like drinking it?

• blondie
    blondie

Not components (yet) but fractions from those components. It's all a shell game.

Blondie

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Does anyone have the full text of this article or a reference to what magazine it is in so I can dig through the drawer for it?

When I left which was only about 2 years ago the stance was that you could not take WHOLE blood or any major component (plasma, white cells, red cells, platelets) but that fractions of these fractions was the conscience matter. So are they now clearly saying that say getting some extra red cells if I was anemic, or some plasma to bring up volume etc is a conscience matter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit