You will no longer be disfellowshipped for associating with a disfellowshipped person.

by shepherd 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

And what happens when the Master returns and finds the Shepherd beating the flock?

LMAO!!!!!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I think this allowing association is an attempt by Watchtower's legal department to cure a few looming legal headaches.

Russian courts banned the Watchtower, in part, becuase they split up families through shunning. This Elder Book is, I think, a partial attempt to help the Watchtower in its upcoming battle against Russia at the European Union's Human Right's court in France. Further it goes along with last year's Awake! magazine which criticized other religions (Islam) for splitting families apart because one changed religion. Now, the Watchtower can use thess quotes to help the EU Human Right's court understand that the Watchtower isn't a family breaker. Whether or not this actually plays out as a softening stance is yet to be seen.

Also, the blood issue looms BIG in Watchtower's legal department, or so I am told. The open question is whether followers and Watchtower lawyers are coerced due to threat of disfellowshipping and losing one's family, if they accept/argue blood. Now, the Watchtower can say that disfellowshipped patients chose blood without the fear of losing one's family relationships. The sick patient freely made a decision without coercion. Further, this slight change allows WT attorneys to prove that they are also not coerced into arguing for the WT position for fear that they would also lose their immediate family. In other words, this slight change could work to argue that both the sick patient and his representing Watchtower attorney are not making decisions and arguments based on the fear of being alienated from family affections. Courts have long held that losing one's friends is NOT a coercive type scenario. But, if families are split up ... . then courts take exception. See Bear v. Mennonite out of Pennsylvania.

Also, I wonder how the movie "Der Verdener" with its showing the affects of actual shunning between family members has hurt the religion's popularity in Europe where it was more widely seen. What's that saying, "Money talks, (bullshit walks)"

Skeeter

• Listener
    Listener

Skeeter you are on the ball there. A sad day for the org. I am seeing more and more how they change policy because it is more convenient or because the light has blinded them.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This is not new. This is almost word for word from the old ks91, and the same questions about what spiritual association means continues. And again, its all up to the interpretation of the local body of elders, the CO, and the desk man responsible for that area who would get the letter....

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

So, the WTS can point to KS91 and say, "We've always held it to be this way..."

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Page 60 of the Shepherd the Flock book notes that "Brazen conduct" may warrant the establishment of a judicial committee. The definition of "brazen conduct" includes "an insolent, contemptuous attitude made evident by a practice of these things:
    • Willful, continued, unnecessary association with disfellowshipped nonrelatives despite
    repeated counsel."

Bottom line: anyone who ignores the directive to shun a DFd or DAd individual is guilty of brazen conduct, displaying "an attitude that betrays disrespect, disregard, or even contempt for divine standards, laws, and authority." The GB is undeniably acting on God's authority, hence anyone who ignores their ruling must be expelled and shunned.

I can't help but wonder if Jesus would have condemned as a "wrongdoer" someone who simply spoke with someone who had been expelled from the local Jewish congregation by the Pharisees.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    And what happens when the Master returns and finds the Shepherd beating the flock?

I sure as hell would not want to be THAT shepard.

JDW

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

What is new, is dropping the word 'close', so now your cuzzies won't be DFd for associating with you.

• Ben57
    Ben57

Shepard,

Are you able to scan the book and post it as a file some where for us lowly unprivilaged ones?

• baltar447
    baltar447

Ben57, go to thepiratebay.org and search for "watchtower elders"

You'll see the "secret" book and can download it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit