Symposium outline from Curcuit Assembly Part 2

by billyboy 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

When sitting through this recently, the above comment about Babylon and attracting people with ornate buildings made me have one of those ... "what" ... ah, come on" ... moments.

The organization still lumps all [other] religions in with the Catholic Church.

This reminds me of a comment I read recently on freeminds website by John Bechtel

[Jehovah's Witnesses] main target is Christianity, and within Christianity, their main target is the Catholic Church.

and also what I recently read in Volume 7 "The Finished Mystery"

Targeting the Catholic Church as Babylon the Great is in the Organization's blood.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Customs and celebrations? I suppose the writers are choosing to ignore where, right in the Bible (I forget what chapter and verse of Romans says this) that one should not judge others based on which celebrations a person should choose to observe. And, they choose to ignore the part in Luke 2:10-14 where perfect angels celebrated the first Christmas--right in heaven! That is where we have The First Noel. I would like to see them show me where, in the Bible, did those angels come into adverse judgment for doing this.

• VM44
    VM44

What is the "lv" Watchtower Publication? Anyone know offhand?

• billyboy
    billyboy

lv ... “Keep

Yourselves in God’s Love”

• VM44
    VM44

Thanks billyboy

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for posting these Billyboy.

My wife and I were both struck by how they squeezed in a life-controlling demo on dressing like robots & wearing your badge into a part on "False Religion".

Just curious, are you giving one of these parts?

Looking forward to part three.

om

• sabastious
    sabastious

Birthday celebrations have pagan roots.

[citation needed]

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Furthermore, humility, modesty, and a desire to glorify Jehovah would rule out placing undue importance on any human.

So celebrating the life of a person is putting "undue importance" upon them?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Since a person’s life comes from Jehovah, the glory should go to him.

So the same should be said about wedding anniversaries and funerals.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

False religion ridicules our house-to-house ministry as unnecessary and primitive.

...and everyone else too.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit