can we talk "public apostacy" for a moment?

by chickpea 43 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

how public have you been as an apostate in your community, where your activities
    that are decidedly contrary to the bleatings of the b0rg and publicized?

i am about to commit a humdinger of a display of worldliness, with potential for
    regional news coverage and i was wondering if anyone out there is public in their
    contrary and stiff-necked behavior? i have to dash to a hair appointment ( i am
    ready for my closeup, mr demille) but i will come back to divulge details later on

in the meantime....

'fess up, you limbs of satan!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Voting, Christmas tree, Halloween ornaments, beard, cigars, apostate literature lying around my home, public photos of me with other apostates, etc, etc.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    i am about to commit a humdinger of a display of worldliness, with potential for regional news coverage

Very interesting. Care to elaborate, if you can?

Think About It

• sd-7
    sd-7

Regional news coverage? Just don't commit any crimes, okay?

I've met publicly with one ex-JW, friended several on Facebook, grown a beard, then a goatee, um...otherwise, nothing else to make any waves. Kind of disappointing, really. I probably should make more noise, not that it'd necessarily matter.

-sd-7

• wasblind
    wasblind

I went back to livin' my worldly life, which wasn't a bad life to start with

And yes, they continue to stop by, and because the visits are from different ones in the cong instead of return visits,

I'm like a bad virus and the infection is the Reasoning book and the literature they leave

EVIDENTLY ,somethin' is preventing the return visits, and it's their own literature

what I show them, they can ponder and read it at home.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Was interviewed on SBS which was televised all over Australia. Definately burnt any bridges back . One Elder I ran into in the shopping centre , turntailed and ran, mumbling something about Satan. Seems I must have grown some horns

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Hubby and I are starting a workshop at our Church to help them when witnesses call. Also my hubby is hoping to go on sky revelation tv to give his testimony in a couple of months, He is also writing a book about living with OCD and mental illness as a JW.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I'm not an apostate...that's their little inside term for anyone who decides to worship god elswhere, without their supervision.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Chickpea from reading some of your earlier posts, I'm guessing your upcoming event has something to do with your work in the GLBT community?

Anyway for my acts of apostacy, and oddly, some of these I did while still considering myself a JW:

Voting

Frequenting an apostate website

Going to an exJW meetup

Organizing a local exJW meetup group- http://www.meetup.com/Detroit-area-Ex-Jehovahs-Witnesses

Going to churches for funerals- even a Catholic church (gasp)

Going to churches for Sunday service, where I put money in the collection plate

Went to a mosque to participate in an ACLU seminar about religious freedom

Told my JW mother I no longer consider myself a JW, I don't believe in god anymore, and that I don't give a crap about a paradise earth

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I speak at local churches, teaching them why JW's are wrong. I guess that makes me a public apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit