Current guidelines for assembly speakers

by billyboy 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When still in, I heard from some "sister" that was highly upset that she had a skirt way past her knees (down to the ankles) with the tiniest of splits and they made her change her outfit, while some other "sister" had a calf length dress that showed more leg but it was fine as there was zero split.

• blondie
    blondie

They don't mention it there but in the Midwest US it is understood that speakers and brothers wear white shirts on the stage at the DCs. One brother was taken off his part and a local brother had to run home, get a white shirt, and give the part instead.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

They don't mention it there but in the Midwest US it is understood that speakers and brothers wear white shirts on the stage at the DCs. One brother was taken off his part and a local brother had to run home, get a white shirt, and give the part instead.

Thats interesting. Where I'm at it always depended on the "current" CO and DO. Younger COs tended to be more modern and ok with colored shirts. I saw a brother give a talk with a black shirt a few years ago. That CO was and is a pretty ok guy, I genuinely liked him. A couple of the old guard COs from years past would have threw a fit if a brother wore a nonwhite shirt. They're like white shirt supremacists.

Wsup with the beard thing? Its 2010, and they're still worried about the beatniks, hippies and bikers. Ridiculous something as natural as facial hair is viewed negatively. Unreal. I feel bad for brothers that get ingrown hairs.

• blondie
    blondie

It's just DCs and it doesn't matter who the DO is, young or old. There used to be 3 DCs in this area at the same place so none of the DOs prevailed. It isn't applied at the CAs or any congregations (now that the last one started allowing colored shirts).

Also only suits, no jackets with different colored slacks. I do remember one CO tried to insist on black shoes only but got voted down.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think I would not qualify. First, I would dog the whole assignment by actually finding some discrepancy between what I am supposed to be saying and the actual truth, with proof that they are lying. And I would wear a beard--if necessary, a fake one--just out of spite. I would show up on the platform in a short sleeve, colored polo with advertising on it, if necessary temporary advertising. I would also have shorts on, that appear to be work shorts. And I would get some decent but off-color shoes and wear them on the platform.

As for no slits in the skirt, that is outrageous. Those slits are there for a reason--specifically, to help the wearer to walk. Without those slits, it is more difficult than necessary for the "sisters" to climb stairs or to walk. Instead, I would have the rule that skirts not be so long that they drag the floor or make a tripping hazard, or that they be so tight that walking and climbing stairs is unnecessarily difficult. I would not have rules against "too short", except if it violates the law. Slacks and shorts are also acceptable. Hell, if they are presentable within reason, I would not object to jeans and denim skirts.

And, exemplary conduct? How is zero field circus since mid 2005, 1 hour a month for another 7 years before that, worshiping the sun and the Devil since 2006, apostasy, having a Ouija board, and listening to the filthiest rap I can get my hands on? If that doesn't disqualify me from this fake part, nothing will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit