Which one are you?

by Night Owl 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

Luke 23:39-42

"39 But one of the hung evildoers began to say abusively to him: "You are the Christ, are you not? Save yourself and us". 40 In reply the other rebuked him and said "Do you not fear God at all, now that you are in the same judgement? 41 And we, indeed, justly so, for we are receiving in full what we deserve for things we did; but this [man] did nothing out of the way. 42 And he went on to say "Jesus, remember me when you get into your kingdom".

Which evildoer's attitude do you have?

Which evildoer do you identify with?

Your anaysis is your own. I will not comment.

Night Owl

• Satanus
    Satanus

Bad question. You are suggesting that everyone is doing evil. Why should people call themselves evil?

S

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I don't think that I'd like to be hanging on a cross at all. This is kinda like asking whether one would prefer to be drowned or burned at the stake...

V665

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    "Jesus, remember me when you get into your kingdom".

No matter what, even when I was agnostic, I have always had affection and respect for Jesus. I tear up when I think of the cruelty he endured after his arrest. He was only trying to do good and he stood up against corrupt people. I would be the latter one. I am very uncoventional in my beliefs and the way I embrace God. To quote Caiaphus in JCS, "One thing I'll say for him, Jesus is cool."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jesus on a Pogo Stick..

jesus on a pogo stick

........................... ...OUTLAW

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Forward to 1:30 "One thing I'll say for him, Jesus is cool."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TX_0Clhv3Q&feature=related

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

No matter what you think of Jesus, you have to admit this is very groovy, soulful and way cool. This is my favorite part of Jesus Christ Superstar 73.

It's infectious. We went to see this five times when it hit, my friends and me. We learned the dances from this scene. We had so much fun dancing in my livingroom. Ahh, good times.

Simon the Zealotte is amazing in this scene. "You'll get the power and the glory forever and ever and ever." Gotta love hippie Jesus and his hippie disciples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfBVP8x8_IQ&feature=related

• Twitch
    Twitch

I'll go with What is Evil for $1000 Alex

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

FlyingHigh - I too have a very unconventional take on God and many times have to "dumb down" when trying to explain it to people of certain faiths.

I too get teary when I think of what not only Jesus, but many had to endure for their beliefs - the torture, the pain. I feel it because it floors me that one human could do that to another, that they do not show compassion and love for their brother. Us humans have such potential, there is nothing that could stop us if we could all just get along.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

LouBell, you are on the pure, sweet, innocent souls of time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit