KS10 Chapter Three

by yknot 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• onemore
    onemore

I’m so glad I was able to get out before all this nonsense. I was thinking on holding off my resignation until after the elder’s school….

but god…wow! I’m speechless.

• AnonJW
    AnonJW

Paragraph 2:

I thought that Elders were appointed by Holy spirit?

Paragraph 7:

Is it still "the three year rule" with the exception of child abuse?

Paragraph 13:

The first question to be asked of one being appointed is a contradiction of other sections of the book. Pre baptism sins are not to be concidered? BTW, a phrase often used for appointment is being "made up". Isn't that a Mafia saying?

Situations that may raise questions

Paragraph 20:

Child abuse - this would likely disqualify one from serving for many years!!!! I think that I read somewhere that said that one would never serve as an appointed man, I will have to dig for it.

Paragraph 25:

Digging for reasons for one standing down. Mind your own business!

• undercover
    undercover

Paragraph 20:
    Child abuse - this would likely disqualify one from serving for many years.
    I think that I read somewhere that said that one would never serve as an appointed man, I will have to dig for it.

I caught that as well. What happened to child abusers won't serve again?

• processor
    processor
    The branch office should be informed whenever an elder or a ministerial servant is no longer serving for the following reasons ... Moving or death: ... In such cases, an announcement of deletion would not be made to the congregation.

Nice. If an elder dies, it is not necessary to announce that he is no longer an elder.

• fresia
    fresia
    I caught that as well. What happened to child abusers won't serve again?

hi UNDERCOVER. I think that its just been an apologists lie they have spread on forums, I have not read anywhere where the WT says that a pedophile brother would never serve again as an elder or someone in a position. But what I have read from apologists on this subject is that pedophiles will never have a position in the KH nor privileges.

• man711
    man711

Page 30 para 2 - "The Governing Body and its representatives rely heavily upon your good judgment and spiritual discernment in making your recommendations." Well we see how well that goes! I was actually in a congregation that a brother bought hie way to being an Elder. Brighton, MI Congregation.

• freddo
    freddo

Any change in the appointed men moving congregation procedure? That's a good opportunity to resign if you can work it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit