They accepted my DA letter without a fight

by carpediem 13 Replies latest jw friends

• carpediem
    carpediem

Gits! Didn't even fight to keep me lol! Told hubby I had disassociated before he went to the meeting and found out from the elders. I thought it was better as I didn't want to give them any grounds to criticise me. Hubby never really reacted to the news, but just said 'oh I see, well whatever you want'. He is just back from the meeting and the elders were comforting him . They accept it and are going to announce it on Wednesday. I was gearing myself up for a bit of drama, even looking forward to being dramatic, but nothing.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Well, whether there's drama or not: CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FREEDOM. I hope things work out for you with family.

• littlebird
    littlebird

Hooray! You're free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• moshe
    moshe
    elders were comforting him

what a joke- they don't make life easy for people who just don't want to kiss up to the JWs. Hubby will now have to show where his loyaty lies.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Maybe the husband see's hope for himself. Now that you're out, maybe that is what will swing his pendelum the other way and leave too. I don't know your situation so I'm probably way off the mark But you can always hope!

• tec
    tec

I'm sorry you didn't get the big finale that you're hoping for :)

I'm glad you're out though, and at least you have a husband who said, 'whatever you want' rather than try and guilt or bully you back in.

Tammy

• cult classic
    cult classic

Well that was very brave of you

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

God for you!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

If you can go through with this and keep your marriage intact, then all the more power to you!!! Wish I could...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

LOL, I meant Good for you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit