A flaw in JW logic on sin and transmision

by _Morpheus 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yodastar
    yodastar
    stuckinarut2 3 hours ago

The whole concept of "inherited sin" makes no sense!

Why would a loving "god" happily allow future UNBORN generations to suffer for something that was OUT OF THEIR CONTROL?

- Totally with this train of thought. If you really had to think about this too hard you just give up on the whole idea of redemption in my book. It just does not make sense. It's a fairy tale to keep the masses subdued.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I remember learning about the biological process that actually causes aging and death (telomerase reduction in cell subdivision) and realizing that virtually every other biological organism on the planet ages and dies via the exact same process.

Trying to reconcile that with the WTS's assertion that "death is the result of sin" became too much of an exercise in mental gymnastics, and I eventually had to give up.

x

I have since come to suspect that the WTS's whole preoccupation with "perfection" - particularly the belief that humanity will be returned to such a condition in the Millennial Reign - stems from a deep seated desire to attain some kind of quasi-divine state...

...in short, authoritarian religious leaders want to be gods.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Excellent point vidot! I read information regarding what is essentually the shortening of dna or a critical component of dna as cells divide. I dont pretend to understand it fully but my take away was that process was related to aging in all things and thus death. No "sin" there. Puts a lie to the whole thing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit