The offical Screaming thread for those 'still in' or with family 'still in'

by pirata 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth plaugeis
  • Darth plaugeis
  • ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

pirata - I'm sitting here this a.m. with my cuppa coffee and want to say that I feel a little better letting a good old "howl" out last night. 'Course, a couple of glasses of wine after work helped the process along.

So, I had to write back and really "THANK YOU" for posting this thread and like elderelite said, letting us let it all out. It doesn't change the fact that there are those who are 'still in', but it does help...((group hug))

I'm liking the additional images posted, too ... V665, the ones in your posts #925 and #946 are really powerful. Darth - I have to go get my cuddly blanket now. I was 23 when I first saw that movie...newly DF'd and was completely scared out f my gourd by it! Years before, Dad nearly had us walk out of Disney's "The Black Hole" -- all 'cause of one swear word. So you can imagine my ill-preparedness for truly scary movies when it came to Alien...

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    V665, the ones in your posts #925 and #946 are really powerful.

Small little expressions of what passes as humour in my sick, twisted inner world...

V665

PS: Nice one Josie!

• pirata
  • ele_lux
    ele_lux

:´(

Running away from WT-induced guilt, I now feel guilty for giving my parents one more reason to suffer.....

I HATE THE WATCHTOWER!!!!!!!!

• pirata
    pirata
    Running away from WT-induced guilt, I now feel guilty for giving my parents one more reason to suffer.....

ele_lux. Just remember it is not YOU giving your parents one more reason to suffer. It is the "Faithful Slave" that encourages shunning as a "loving provision" (ie. emotional blackmail) to discipline (ie. make sure they don't influence other witnesses) those who have left Jehovah (ie. those that don't believe the Watchtower is God's channel on earth). Your parents are held mentally captive by that concept. Continue to show them love the best you can and maybe the will see the difference between true love (including the love that Jesus taught), and rule-based pharisee type love.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

ele_lux - Just remember that your parents got to choose their religion...why should it be different for you? That's how I justified it to myself.

I would like to scream at my husband for still being mentally in...I want to celebrate Chistmas darn it!!! (Totally selfish I know, but I want my kid to have fun!)

• ele_lux
    ele_lux

pirata, you're right, it's not my fault, it's just frustrating knowing in their minds, it IS my fault....

Nice_Dream, that true. it's my right. But i'm sure you too wish there was a way to make them understand.... I want to celebrate christmas too :'(

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

BUMP for the newbies. I see lots of pain here still...

V665V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit