2011 Theocratic Ministry School Schedule (TMS)

by Inside Man 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ding
    Ding

<< No. 2 - Does Jesus Have His Fleshly Body In Heaven? (rs p. 217 para. 2-5) >>

I'm guessing their answer is "no."

Don't expect a whole lot of discussion of John 2:19-21 or Luke 24:37-43

<< No. 3 - Why Enlightened Rulers Praise Jehovah's Witnesses (Rom. 13:3) >>

Because the GB members who publish these narcissitic articles are so humble!

<< No. 2 - Why The Cross Should Not Be Viewed As An Object Of Devotion >>

Strawman argument of the month.

Note: You will NOT hear a parallel talk on "Why the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society Should Not Be Viewed as an Object of Devotion."

<< No. 3 - Is Jesus Christ The Same Person As Michael The Archangel? (rs p. 218 para. 1-3) >>

I'm guessing their answer will be "yes."

Don't expect much discussion of the fact that all the WTS thinks they shared was an impersonal active life force.

<< No. 2 - **If Someone Says: " You Don't Believe In Jesus" (rs p. 219 para. 1-3) >>

Reply, "Sure we do. He's Michael the Archangel. He returned invisibly in 1914 and he's been the CEO of our organization ever since!"

<< No. 3 - * Why We Should Think Before We Speak (Prov. 16:23) (Assign To BROTHERS Only) >>

Because you'll be DFd if you don't parrot the Watchtower line on something!

Note: There will NOT be a parallel talk entitled, "Why the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society Should Refrain from Spreading False Prophecies"

<< **- As Time Permits, The Student Should Reply To The Householder's Assertions, Objections, And So Forth, So As To Meet The Needs In The Territory. >>

Subtitle: "How to cover for the organization if people at the door know too much"

• Ding
    Ding

<< No. 2 - Does The Fact That Worship Is Given To Jesus Prove That He Is God? (rs p. 214 para. 6 to p.215 para. 2) >>

I'm guessing their answer is "no."

Hear about how proskuneo means "do obeisance," not "worship" from people who don't know Greek

<< No. 3 - Why Jesus Is The Chief Agent And Perfecter Of Our Faith (Heb. 12:2) >>

Because he kept his place in God's organization and so should you.

<< No. 2 - What Can We Learn From The Example Of Zelophehad's Daughters? (Num. 36:10-12) >>

Obey God's organization without question.

<< No. 3 - Do The Miracles Performed By Jesus Prove That He Is God? (rs p. 215 para. 3 to p. 216 para. 1) >>

My guess is that their answer is "no."

Is it just me, or is the organization hung up on this Jesus-is-God issue?

<< No. 2 - Is Believing In Jesus Christ All That Is Required For Salvation? (rs p. 216 para. 3) >>

My guess is that their answer is "no" despite what Paul told the Philippian jailer in Acts 16:31.

Expect to hear more about obeying the faithful and discreet slave organization than you hear about Jesus.

<< No. 3 - How Can We Apply The Counsel Recorded At Matthew 10:16? (Assign To BROTHERS Only) >>

Use theocratic war strategy and obey God's organization without question.

<< No. 2 - Why Jesus Is "Lord Of The Sabbath" (Matt. 12:8) >>

Because he kept his place in God's organization and so should you.

<< No. 3 - Did Jesus Have A Heavenly Existence Before He Became A Human? (rs p. 216 para. 4 to p. 217 para. 1) >>

My guess is that their answer is "yes."

Questions about how Jesus can be Michael if all they shared was an impersonal active life force will NOT be answered from the platform.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Reading through your posts, Ding, I had to look up what they said about John 20:28. I've gotta say, their reasoning is SOOOO weak on this! I'm not EXACTLY sure on what I believe about the Trinity, but their reasoning here is not sufficient for even a middle school kid. Does anyone else find this argument compelling?

Here's what they say about John 20:28:

Does Thomas’ exclamation at John 20:28 prove that Jesus is truly God?

John 20:28 (RS) reads: “Thomas answered him, ‘My Lord and my God!’”

There is no objection to referring to Jesus as “God,” if this is what Thomas had in mind. Such would be in harmony with Jesus’ own quotation from the Psalms in which powerful men, judges, were addressed as “gods.” (John 10:34, 35, RS; Ps. 82:1-6) Of course, Christ occupies a position far higher than such men. Because of the uniqueness of his position in relation to Jehovah, at John 1:18 (NW) Jesus is referred to as “the only-begotten god.” (See also Ro, By.) Isaiah 9:6 (RS) also prophetically describes Jesus as “Mighty God,” but not as the Almighty God. All of this is in harmony with Jesus’ being described as “a god,” or “divine,” at John 1:1 (NW, AT).

The context helps us to draw the right conclusion from this. Shortly before Jesus’ death, Thomas had heard Jesus’ prayer in which he addressed his Father as “the only true God.” (John 17:3, RS) After Jesus’ resurrection Jesus had sent a message to his apostles, including Thomas, in which he had said: “I am ascending . . . to my God and your God.” (John 20:17, RS) After recording what Thomas said when he actually saw and touched the resurrected Christ, the apostle John stated: “These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in his name.” (John 20:31, RS) So, if anyone has concluded from Thomas’ exclamation that Jesus is himself “the only true God” or that Jesus is a Trinitarian “God the Son,” he needs to look again at what Jesus himself said (vs. 17) and at the conclusion that is clearly stated by the apostle John (vs. 31).

• Ding
    Ding

<< No. 2 - Benefits From Being Mild-Tempered And Patient >>

It will help you keep your mouth shut when you see gibberish published in the Watchtower.

<< No. 3 - ** If Someone Says: "Do You Accept Jesus As My Personal Savior" (rs p.219 para. 4-5) ** >>

I think they mean, "What to say if someone asks, `Have you accepted Jesus as your personal Savior?"

Redefine the phrase in your head, answer yes to make them happy, and move on to something worth talking about, such as the importance of obeying God's organization without question.

<< No. 2 - ** If Someone Says: " I Have Accepted Jesus As My Personal Savior" (rs p. 220 para. 1) ** >>

Pretend to be interested and say, "That's wonderful. We believe Jesus is the Savior too." Then move on to something worth talking about, such as the importance of obeying God's organization without question.

<< No. 3 - Why Jesus Corrected A Man For Calling Him "Good Teacher" (Mark 10:17,18) >>

Because the man obviously didn't read the Watchtower so he thought maybe Jesus might be God

<< No. 2 - How We Show That We Worship Jehovah Alone (Rom. 6:16,17) >>

All together now: By obeying God's organization without question.

<< No. 3 - Are The Natural Jews Today God's Chosen People? (rs p. 220 para. 2 to p. 221 para. 4) >>

No. Romans 11 is talking about spiritual Jews who obey God's organization without question.

<< No. 2 - Will All The Jews Be Converted To Faith In Christ? (rs p. 222 para. 1-2) >>

Certainly not! Romans 11:26 is talking about spiritual Jews who obey God's organization without question.

<< No. 3 - How And When Will Romans 8:21 Be Fulfilled? >>

At Armageddon, which has been coming any day now since 1914.

<< No. 2 - Bible Examples Of Genuine Humility >>

Anyone whose life can be used as a metaphor for obeying God's organization without question.

I'm guessing Nimrod, Haman, and King Herod won't be included.

<< No. 3 - Must Jews Put Faith In Jesus To Be Saved? (rs p.222 para. 3 to p. 223 para. 1 >>

Certainly, and you do that by obeying God's organization without question.

• Inside Man
    Inside Man

JUNE 6 - Bible Reading: Psalms 34-37

No. 1 - Psalm 35:1-18

No. 2 - Are The Events Taking Place In Israel Today In Fulfillment Of Bible Prophecy? (rs p. 223 para. 2 to p. 224 para. 2)

No. 3 - What Can We Learn From Luke 12:13-15, 21?

JUNE 13 - Bible Reading: Psalms 38-44

No. 1 - Psalm 41:1 - 42:5

No. 2 - Bible Examples Of Close Friendships and Qualities That We Can Imitate

No. 3 - Among Whom Do The Prophecies About Restoration Of Israel Have Fulfillment Today? (rs p.224 para. 3 to p. 225 para. 3)

JUNE 20 - Bible Reading: Psalms 45-51

No. 1 - Psalm 48:1 - 49:9

No. 2 - Is God's Kingdom A Real Government? (rs p. 226 para. 1-2)

No. 3 - Since Life Is A Gift, Why Must We Work Out Our Own Salvation? (Rom 6:23, Phil. 2:12)

JUNE 27 - Bible Reading: Psalms 52-59

Theocratic Ministry School Review

The 1st half of the year is complete. Stay tuned for more!!!!!!!!!

• Ding
    Ding

Brotherdan,

I think the passage you quoted from the Reasoning book is old light.

Since they published that, many people and groups have pointed out that Thomas used the definite article: HO KURIOS MOU; HO THEOS MOU.

So if he was really calling Jesus "God" he was calling him "THE God."

That won't do.

The last explanation I heard from an active JW was that Thomas was so startled to see the risen Jesus that he claimed, "Oh, my Lord! Oh, my God!"

When I told the dub that would be blaspheming, he said it wouldn't because Thomas didn't use the name "Jehovah" and you can't take God's name in vain unless you actually use the Name.

An alternative explanation a dub gave me that doesn't involve cussing was that Thomas looked at Jesus and said, "The Lord of me!" and then looked up towards the sky towards Jehovah and said, "The God of me!"

Of course the text says that Thomas directed his entire statement to Jesus but the dual-addressing interpretation satisfied the dub I was talking to.

• Inside Man
    Inside Man

JULY 4 - Bible Reading: Psalms 60-68

No. 1 - Psalm 62:1 - 63:5

No. 2 - How Are We Involved In The Fulfillment Of Haggai 2:7

No. 3 - Who Are The Rulers In The Kingdom? (rs p. 226 para. 3-5)

JULY 11 - Bible Reading: Psalms 69-73

No. 1 - Psalm 72:1-20

No. 2 - What Effect Will God's Kingdom Have On Human Governments? (rs p. 227 para. 1-2)

No. 3 - Lessons That Youths Can Learn From Kings Hezekiah And Josiah

JULY 18 - Bible Reading: Psalms 74-78

No. 1 - Psalm 77:1-20

No. 2 - Ways In Which We Can Oppose The Devil (Jas. 4:7)

No. 3 - God's Kingdom Will Sanctify Jehovah's Name (rs p. 227 para. 3-5)

JULY 25 - Bible Reading: Psalms 79-86

No. 1 - Psalm 84:1 - 85:7

No. 2 - God's Kingdom Will Unify All Creation In Pure Worship (rs p. 228 para. 1-2)

No. 3 - WHY NONE OF THE DEMONS ARE ATHEISTS (Jas. 2:19)

• Ding
    Ding

<< Are The Events Taking Place In Israel Today In Fulfillment Of Bible Prophecy? (rs p. 223 para. 2 to p. 224 para. 2) >>

Nothing that happens in Israel is special, only what happens at Bethel.

However, EVERYTHING that has happened since 1914 is a fulfillment of Bible prophecy.

<< No. 2 - Bible Examples Of Close Friendships and Qualities That We Can Imitate >>

Jonathan with David, because he submitted to the authority of God's organization without question and so should you.

<< No. 3 - Among Whom Do The Prophecies About Restoration Of Israel Have Fulfillment Today? (rs p.224 para. 3 to p. 225 para. 3) >>

Jehovah's Witnesses, of course.

Only people who think Romans 11 means what it says think otherwise, and they need to learn to accept the WT's interpretations without question.

<< No. 2 - Is God's Kingdom A Real Government? (rs p. 226 para. 1-2) >>

Certainly. You should obey God's organization without question. How many times do we have to tell you this???

<< No. 3 - Since Life Is A Gift, Why Must We Work Out Our Own Salvation? (Rom 6:23, Phil. 2:12) >>

You can bet the answer WON'T be Phil. 2:13, "for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose."

It wll be faith without works is dead, so you have to work, work, work to prove yourself worthy to Jehovah or else be annihilated.

How do you do this? Phil. 2:14: Do everything without complaining or arguing,

In other words, obey God's organization without question.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I think that is their own way to try and rationalize it, Ding. Look at the TMS. They are studying right from the page that I quoted when answering that very same topic.

This is a clever way to get a witness to admit that the Trinity MAY have some basis:

Take them to John 1:1 and get them to say that because the definite article does not occur, Jesus can not be called "The God".

Then ask them, "So if the definite article WAS there, that would mean that Jesus was God?" They will say, "Yes, and that's why John did not insert it there."

Then take them to John 20:28 (in the KIT) and show them that HO Theos is used. Thomas called Jesus, "My Lord..and THE God!" He did not look to the sky. He did not talk to anyone else. He was directing his words to Jesus. You can't just decide that he was talking to someone else in the middle of the sentence. Nowhere is that indicated.

The other way to show that the Trinity is a possibility is to then show them all the OT scriptures that talk about "Jehovah" and are said to be speaking of "Jesus" in the NT. You will get some interesting rationalizations from them on that one too.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

So much for keeping up with New Light. Isn't the RS book something like 25 years old?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit