by varian 20 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

This is why I keep the 1984 Bound Volume. I can easily flip to the WT May 15th, 1984 editions and say, "See? Right here is proof that when I was 5 years old I was told I would NEVER grow up, become old, or die in this system of things, see? Right here!!!!" It is undeniable!!!

2014 will be 30 years since this May 15th 1984 WT came out, and all of the older ones that we studied with are DEAD, both of my parents are DEAD, and I am still here, getting older, working, still in this system of things. No one can make the claim to me that these things weren't absolutely PROMISED to me.

My generation has 1914, just as the previous older generation had 1975. 1914 is the new 1975, except no one can claim to have not have heard the "proofs".

- Wing Commander

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

both 2014 and 2034 are dates that I will likely see and live through and non of the armegeddon threats will come to light.

The sad thing is even if you do reason and reason well and logically with them, they will refuse to see that the society is outright wrong, but will throw in the light is getting brighter all the time - their cop out forever and ever.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

How fitting and appropriate it would be if God were to bring an end to this wicked system on the 100 year anniversary of Kingdom rule!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The sad thing is even if you do reason and reason well and logically with them, they will refuse to see that the society is outright wrong, but will throw in the light is getting brighter all the time - their cop out forever and ever.

And this is why cults like the Watchtower should be illegal. It isn't about freedom of religion, it is about the basic human rights of religion's victims.

• LV101
    LV101

mad sweeney --- YES, AND WHAT ABOUT basic human rights for vics of religions? the least this country could do is protect it's citizens from these criminals.

NV1

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Welcome varian!

When new years eve of 2014 rolls around let's party like its 1999! Woo Hoo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSqYAbBFhzc

Honestly, wouldn't it be kewl if we could make it the biggest apostafest EVER?

V665

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

They've mentioned 1914 less and less in their publications for the last 10 or so years. Just do a search in the wts cd and you'll see what I mean. The date is in the background just as generation isn't that important anymore, the time is being pushed aside and what I think is set up front is the encouragement of being loyal to GB and WTS. It wouldn't surprise me if they did something to 1914 similar to what Rutherford did. I haven't been the the kh in a while so maybe those still attending can tell us some rumors.....

• free2beme
    free2beme

I see a new understanding in the future!!!!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

As Wobble has already pointed out, 1914 and ESPECIALLY 1919 are the achille's heels of the WTB&TS.

Their foot is nailed to the floor on 1914. Why? Because if Christ didn't return in 1914, then he COULD NOT HAVE APPOINTED THE WTB&TS OVER "ALL HIS BELONGINGS" IN 1919.

It would admitting that for the past 91 years (to date) the WTB&TS has been claiming an appointment from King Jesus that they could not possibly have!

Personally, I'd LOVE to see them try to set 1914 aside, but I'm sure they know they can't, or at least haven't figured out how to do it yet.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Rutherford was able to do away with all of Russell's dates. If there is a change they will have to be willing to sacrfice a percantage of the flock for a longer future. If they can successfully beat into dubs that GB and WTS are God's channel and slowly eliminate mentioning dates the majority of the flock will keep loyal to the leaders when the day arrives for the change. Many if not most don't even remember that 1919 is tied to 1914 or how 1914 is arrived without checking wts publications. I can see the 1914 change, maybe not today or next year but could very well take place over the next 20 years as older ones die off and newer ones are steered away from dates but towards the leadership.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit