Disappointed by JW Visit

by Cold Steel 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

They don't make JWs the way they used to be. Just dumbed-down versions of what they proclaim to be.

• wobble
    wobble

As a lad of sixteen I could go toe to toe with Vicars, Priests and Pastors with the scriptures. I grew up in the 1950/60's and was encouraged to get to know my Bible, all with a WT slant of course.

Over the years I observed a steady decline in people prepared to do any real study, then I saw an speeding up of the dumming down, until now even seasoned old believers have said to me that it is all so childish in the way it is presented.

One old boy I visited last week said he felt is was hardly worth his going to the mid-week meeting for that very reason !

(I wanted to say "but Sunday can't be much better" but I held my tongue. They are sweet old couple who need their faith now )

I find it increasingly frustrating that they will not turn any kind of spot light on their religion or beliefs, they turn tail and run, never keeping their promise to return.

• Chalam
    Chalam

But these guys kept writing down my scriptural references and telling me they'd get back to me on them.

On the third visit, they assured me they would check the scriptures and get back to me.

In short, they read the book with me, asking all the questions that had predetermined answers -- and they were ill prepared to handle any questions that weren't in the book.

That's an interesting point. I'll make a note of it here and we'll get back to you.

I have had similar experiences ranging from older JWs to younger ones. However, before too long they all come up with "I'll get back to you" which means reading the WT publications for 'answers'.

I was pulling my punches as it was because I really wanted to get the answers and wasn't interested in a debate.

So what answers are you looking for? Answers to questions regarding the WT doctrine or biblical questions?

IMHO, the former can never be answered, the WT theology is a maze in which you will soon get lost in and you will soon end up following the FDS to "paradise earth".

If you are looking for biblical answers then firstly and foremost you need to ask the Holy Spirit John 14:26, John 15:26, 1 Corinthians 2:14 , 1 John 2:27

Secondly, you can ask those who have the Spirit living within them John 14:15-21, 1 Corinthians 2:10 , 1 Corinthians 2:16

So what questions do you have?

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Well for starters you never critiqued or answered your own statements on the obvious and apparent contradictions in the Trinity dogma.

Why did Trinitarians slaughter and subjugate humans on 6 continents, steal their land and force them by threat of death to accept your version of God.

Why do you pry on young children and brainwash their minds.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

My guess is that they went and sat in their car for an hour or so with furrowed brows and eventually decided that you weren't really searching and weren't really deserving. They probably guessed you wouldn't be convinced easily and figured they'd just end up becoming frustrated by not winning you over. If you're raising questions they've never considered before, the problem for them is they have only one "research" source they're allowed to turn to. If the Watchtower has never addressed your points, it all becomes just too hard.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Sadly I was one of 95% of JW's who couldn't debate anything on the bible, but was considered a bright young prospect with lot's of hours on reports to prove I was spiritual.

Hope you find your answers, but despite 3 decades of training I count myself out of being able to help.

MMXIV

• designs
    designs

Let's talk about the diamonds that appeared at the Church, they were cut diamonds, now someone had to have cut them- humans or angels? Were they legal diamonds or blood diamonds, all legal diamonds have to be registered, was the great beyond dealing in legal diamonds or illegal blood diamonds.

Still 18,000 children starve to death every single day and then are sent to Burn in Hell by the famous Trinity Jesus/God of Hell Fire.

Oh the questions I had in Bible Study class that went unanswered..........

When you have over 100-million members are you still a Cult, yes.

• designs
    designs

I guess Stephen, self appointed leader of the Evangelical Cult of Jesus/God of Hell Fire, meant ask questions unless you are Grandpa designs

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Up until about 8 years ago, I could maybe count on having about 2 conversations a year with people in the ministry where the subject went 'off topic' from whatever we were presenting that month. Nowadays, JWs just don't get to 'freestyle' with the bible and the general public. It's gotta be even worse now.

They were probably advised not to return as you had dangerous questions.

• designs
    designs

Well let's see how we're doing:

Questions about Jesus/God of Hell Fire............no answers

Questions about Evangelical Abuse of Minors..............no answers

Other assorted questions to the Evangelicals and their Cult Leaders.............no answers

Ok

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit