"The FDS has lovingly given us time"

by Crisis of Conscience 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Maybe they (FDS as represented by GB) should have the flock turn in Family Worship reports with attendance records.

They sure do pour the guilt trip on about using this loving provision of Jehovah gifted by the FDSarbGB. Every time I hear about this loving new arrangement I can't help but wonder ... what's new, isn't it just a free day to do what all JW's were already supposed to be doing? Family Study/Family Worship ... what's the difference?

It reminds of CoC, Ray said something to the effect of how some GB members thought it best to make the decisions for the flock because if left to do it themselves the flock would do the wrong thing.

• Ri
    Ri

What I don't understand is, when will the whole world be educated with the "Good News"? The population is always growing and new ones being born. There will never be a time when the good news will be preached in all the world.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I wonder if saying that "The FDS has lovingly given us time" is becoming part of outlines, or something that the elders are "encouraged" to highlight? I heard it again at a public talk recently.

That FDS sure has a lot of power!! They can control time and LOVINGLY give it up!

CoC

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Well, the sheeples are part of the belongings that Jesus gave to the GB of the FDS. So, the r&f are just slaves that the FDS tells what to do and when to do it. What a load of horse sh!t.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I do not know when I am supposed to do FWN. Maybe the GB could suggest something for my predicament.

Monday...House is on TV

Tuesday...I get a pedicure

Wednesday...My New Yorker magazine arrives in the mail

Thursday & Friday...Trivia with my friends at Buffalo Wings

Saturday & Sunday...Too many sports games to watch

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Wednesday...My New Yorker magazine arrives in the mail

I need to get a subscription to the New Yorker. I used to buy it every other week. Great read. I like the Atlantic and Harpers too. Good magazines. Definately more stimulating than the WT/Awake.....

• Crisis of Conscience
  • nugget
    nugget

I told the elders that when we had the book study group I didn't have time for study. Now I have a whole night and can check on references myself and view source material I have been horrified by the errors in our publications.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

These parts about FWN (Family Worship Night) keep on increasing. Last week, actually the last two weeks, the KM dealt with this subject. And let's not forget how often it is being mentioned in the Watchtower magazines.
    It's not a rule.....yet. At least in a written form. But definitely verbal. It's EXPECTED of you.
    They are making sure to nail it into people's heads so that if something goes sour in the family, the elders can point to your lack of support for the GB's loving arrangement.
    The GB says, "Did we mention it's ALWAYS YOUR fault?"

CoC

• Awen
    Awen

I think that the GB is misinformed about the ones under their care. Since the GB has nothing better to do on Tuesday nights, they figure the same must hold true for everyone else. So they put in this "loving provision" to help the bored, the lonely, the friendless and the unappreciated find fellowship with others and to share their "wisdom" with others. Oh wait,...this sounds like a GB issue and not a Great Crowd issue.

The GC for the most part have friends, family, secular jobs, children to look after, something the GB has no concept of. Also I think it meant to keep the GC busy so that there's no time for independent research.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit