The Watchtower is now the world's largest magazine!

by life is to short 69 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

The worlds most unread magazine ... Playboy.

The worlds most looked at magazine ... Playboy.

• Mary
    Mary

"Last year, the world's 7.3 million Jehovah's Witnesses spent 1.4 billion hours at Tim Hortons on Saturdays mornings and 25 hours actually knocking on doors and handing out The Watchtower..... Every month nearly 40 million copies are printed in more than 180 languages for distribution in 236 countries, even though 90% of them will never be read by the public and will end up either as landfill, or in the bottom of their bird cage."

Wow! 1.4 billion (not trillion) hours were spent preaching yet there's been either 0% or marginal growth in most developed lands over the last several years? Doesn't say a whole lot about what's actually printed in the Craptower ragazine does it?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The largest magazine by number of copies printed to be thrown away.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

That's an awful lot of trees being cut down needlessly when they could serve us far better if we used them to make toilet paper.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Too bad nobody is actually reading it or paying for it.

• Room 215
    Room 215

They've conflated "circulation" with "read"; the vast majority of Watchtowers wind up as recycle fodder.

• startingover
    startingover

Wonder what the impact of the new arrangement for distribution at the KH will have on this. If the brothers only take what they need at the magazine counter instead of having to take a requested number, are the mags going to start piling up at the KH instead of their homes.

I would think this will have the same impact that the donation arrangement had, less and less money coming in.

Also, with the push to go green, I would think the distinction of having the highest distribution is not something any environmentally conscious organization would want to have. Of course I don't think that is a real concern for them.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

it proves they are all smoke and mirrors.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

The saddest thing is where you can play a game. I call it the hansel and gretel game. In a busy town, follow the discarded Wacktower and Asleeps! flapping away on the floor, in rubbish bins etc. Eventually you will find your Dub, with a happy kingdumb smile and an empty bag. At least in about 10 years time, when magazines are a thing of the past and we've all got ipads and tablets, Dubs will be hanging around with a memory stick offering to 'juice you up' with creamy rich spiritual goodness.

The trees will be gone, and so will the oxygen, but at least we'll have kingdumb truth.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Last month I had to have a procedure done at the hospital. My lovely 80 year old reg pioneer mother was my deignated driver. Upon arriving at the hospital, she pulled out a very large stack of Watchtowers and Awakes and started distributing them on every end table she could find (on more than one floor). We all know that as soon as she left the room, these mags were all collected and thrown into the recycle bin. However, she was thrilled to have placed 30 magazines!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit