Bill O'Reilly vs. Bill Maher On Religion

by leavingwt 29 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

Bill win this one hands down. He frame the conversation and Maher look like a fool. Personally i dont think Maher was sufficiently prepared.

I think Dawkins did a better job in 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FARDDcdFaQ

(and check out the pre-crisis stock ticker)

• oldflame
    oldflame

littlebird said ;

Personally, I don't like either one of them.

Amen to that one !

• debator
    debator

I agree niether seem very knowledgeable on the topic they are discussing or each others.

It is a good for people to see that atheists are blinkered and determined of their own superiority.

This shows that atheists can fall into the same traps as any group showing myopic opinion of their particular belief system. They are looking at how a car engine works but postulating what made the engine from that knowledge. It will be interesting to see if Darwinism one day disproves itself by it's own need to delve into the increasing complexities of life, however microscopic you get, where not even enough time (billions of years) can make something out of nothing.

In the end the engine can only have been made one way and only one answer will be true.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa, so should we 'come to Jehovah's organization for salvation'?

• carvin
    carvin

The biggest turnoff for me on both sides is that they both say "I'm right, I have all the knowledge and so if you don't take my side you are an ass. I used to be a christian, very sure of my beliefs. But I always had an open mind, and I try and keep it that way. I know there are "truths" in all faiths, and I accept them when I see them. Even those on the Athiest and Agnostic sides. I guess what I mean is I don'thave the answers, nobody does. For years whenever my JW wife or father starts in on their JW are the true religion rants I just tell them that -Nobody has a monopoly on God. Man do they hate that.

As for the two Bills - they are both very arrogant and pompus. I like O'Reily for the most part as I see him argue his point well and he often plays the devils advocate which is why his show is so popular. Mr. Maher is a really funny, and he always has that twinkle in his eye that says "somethings coming. But I don't like the "angry comic" rutine from him or any other comic.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Maher comes across as arrogant to people of faith in the same way that "apostates" come off as arrogant to JWs. Think about it.

• debator
    debator

Having confidence in your position is not a sin.

Mark 1:22
    The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law.

Being wishy-washy saying "maybe" is not an option when seeking the truth of God. Confidence from a position of Ignorance is easily toppled but where someone has real knowledge and can back up their position with clear hard bible facts then they have a strong confident position.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

clear hard bible facts

Contradiction in terms. Animals on arks. Talking snakes. Guys sleeping in fishes for three days. Get real.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Jimmy!!

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

When Bill had an interview with Steven Hassan he was always cutting him off, looks like he has not changed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit