I need help urgently

by thenoblelodge 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Can anyone provide the DATE, PAGE and PARA of the watchtowers where it says in the 'koolaid' version that the org is directed by God/Holy Spirit and the 'public' version where it states they are not. I know they are both reasonably recent, possibly 2009. I did have the information written down but, the muppet that I am, I tidied my desk and shredded some paper work and I must have shredded the piece of paper with the dates on.

I need them tonight for SIL parents who are visiting........ I'm on a mission.

Thanx.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't hold your breath.

They might have used weasel words to make them sound less cultish than they really are, but an outright denial of spirit direction would be extremely unlikely.

I suggest you pick another subject, preferably one where you have the paperwork in your hot little hand so that you can get them to read it to you, or talk about the weather. You may not get many chances to talk religion with them, and you can't afford to stuff up by starting a subject you are not super familiar with.

If you do have a good subject, don't let them divert you. My parents never won an argument in their entire 70 years of preaching, but they think they have because they have always managed to divert their victims from their original questions.

Good luck

Chris

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

A recent koolaid version WT study said that complaining against the FDS & GB is tantamount to complaining against Jehovah & Jesus.

I don't have the WT's any more but I was shown it by a relative still going to the meetings & it made him think............

• blondie
    blondie

Try searching www.jwfacts.com

I find googling the main words in a question can find information, on JWN and the general internet.

• Mary
    Mary

I'm not sure about the latest editions, but here's a couple of quotes that you might want to show them:

"So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet?...This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses....Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it." Watchtower April 1, 1972 Page 197

"However, the Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances nor is it dogmatic. It invites careful and critical examination of its contents in the light of the Scriptures." Watchtower August 15, 1950 Page 263

• funnyface
    funnyface

nor is it dogmatic?????????????????

But if you dont believe what they teach they will forbid your love ones
    Mother, Father ,kids,friends to have anything to do with you >>>>YOUR EVIL

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

1. 20 posts - 18 authors - Last post: Jul 15 They stop short of saying they are directed by the Holy Spirit, but rather that the Holy Spirit "helps" them. Still, though, this gives the ...
      www.jehovahs-witness.net/.../New-Light-on-New-Light-creates-a-dilemma-July-15-2010-WT
    2. Holy spirit reveals stuff through GB--July 15, 2010 WT (1 ...

20 posts - 10 authors - Last post: Jul 15 Did holy spirit at any point ever lead the apostles in Jerusalem to a false conclusion, which they then directed all other Christians to ...
      www.jehovahs-witness.net/.../Holy-spirit-reveals-stuff-through-GB-July-15-2010-WT
    3. Questions for baptism (1), Jehovah's Witnesses / Friends ...

Aug 17, 2010 ... On one hand they say they are directed by holy spirit and this makes it possible for them to discern what is in the Bible, they even say ...
      www.jehovahs-witness.net/197611/1

Looks like July 15 ,2010 Watchtower is what you are looking for ......these are the search references for this board I found .Hope it helps
  • Sapphy
    Sapphy

The society tries to preserve the distinction without a difference of "Spirit directed" as opposed to "Spirit inspired".

If anyone tries to pull that, er, rubbish on you, ask them to explain the difference.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Here is JR Brown denying they have holy spirit altogether....but they may not watch You tube since satan invented it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxGvEpkdYUs

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit