When are the last days spoken of in the scriptures?

by stuckinamovement 11 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and have pretty much come to the conclusion that all of the prophecies concerning the last days were fulfilled in the 1st century. That explanation is the only one that makes sense. The generation of Matt. 24:34 literally saw the end of the Jewish system of things, there was a period when they cried "peace and security" after the Romans retreated in 66-70 CE, there is evidence that there were wars, earthquakes, celestial phenomena, famines etc. all between 33 CE and 70 CE. The preaching work was completed across the whole earth as shown in Acts.

The Watchtower Study yesterday quoted Acts 2:16,17. Peter clearly stated that Joel's prophecy was fulfilled at Pentecost 33 CE. In Peter's own wordsthose were the last days.

Also when you look at when the scriptures were written, all of the warnings about the end times were written before 70 CE with the exception of John's writings. There is a pretty good case to make that John's letters and revelation are simply misdated. How else can you explain the silence of the bible record since the 1st century? If there was to be a second fulfillment would there not be additional inspired writings? (not spirit directed, but inspired)

I think that many people read into the bible what they want to see. They want to see the wicked destroyed, and conditions to be better. When you have a desired outcome it becomes easy to interpret the Scriptures to your own time to match up with what you wish to see happen.

Jw's and other denominations have been trying to twist and bend the prophecies that were fulfilled 2,000 years ago to fit modern times. It simply will not happen. Parts of history are bound to repeat itself but as a whole the end times prophecies were clearly and completely fulfilled in the 1st century.

What are your thoughts?

SIAM

• snowbird
    snowbird

With the exception of your views on when Revelation was written, my thoughts are mostly the same as yours.

Syl

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

stuck,

You are going to be surprised. As a matter of fact, the Pleiadians are asking the same thing. "Are we there yet?"

• pirata
    pirata
    You are going to be surprised.

Why is stuck going to be surpised?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I think that many people read into the bible what they want to see. They want to see the wicked destroyed, and conditions to be better. When you have a desired outcome it becomes easy to interpret the Scriptures to your own time to match up with what you wish to see happen.
    Jw's and other denominations have been trying to twist and bend the prophecies that were fulfilled 2,000 years ago to fit modern times. It simply will not happen. Parts of history are bound to repeat itself but as a whole the end times prophecies were clearly and completely fulfilled in the 1st century.

First step into a larger world!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

History repeats itself because people DON'T learn from it.

It's a vicious circle but yes, on a whole, Jesus' prophecies were fullfilled during those times.

See, Jesus said THIS generation and he meant it just that, THIS generation and that generation went through it all.

But the issue is, what about the second coming? should Jesus have returned then?

I think that is why so many are still looking for those "signs of the times".

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Paul thought he was living in the Last Days. And he called them the Last Days because they last...

... and last...

... and last...

... and last...

... and last.

Another 2000 years from now and people will still be reading the magic book and thinking, "these really are the Last Days!"

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think that at times, it is really, REALLY desirable to have someone come in an fix all our problems, because it is too much hard work for US to fix the mess WE created.

• donny
    donny

What Billy said.

• caliber
    caliber

History has been divided into Ages (Aeons ) ..... the last days, the end of the age, end of reality as we have known it !

I believe Ray Franz that the last days began in Pentecost 33 CE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit