Reinstated But Not Forgiven?

by Pitchess Co-Gen 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

Have there been stories of people reinstated but not forgiven by there congregations. I'm think about coming back and thats one of my fears.

• sabastious
    sabastious

When you are reinstated you are so with "limited privileges in the cong."

So every person who is reinstated is not fully forgiven.

-Sab

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

I'm interested as to why you would want to go back. Do you have family in?

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

Yes I have family in the JW's, but I'm not doing it because of them. I'm on the fence on coming back. I just wanna know any experiences.

• watson
    watson

If you got any tatoos while out, be sure you keep them covered up when you go back. You'll never overcome the stigma.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Pitchess, of course there are grudge holders in every facet of life.

Why would you need for-instances? It' very possible that you could face something like that, and it's very possible that they will accept you with open arms.

Why would experiences change your mind one way or the other?

-Sab

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Sab:

When you are reinstated you are so with "limited privileges in the cong."

So every person who is reinstated is not fully forgiven.

So it's kind of like having your driver's license revoked, but later allowed to drive under hardship and you can only drive to work and back home?

Pitchess: Until Jehovah personally tells them that you are an OK slave, I guess you will just have to sit on the back row as an example to others of the humiliation they will experience if they don't tow the line. I think it would be degrading and shameful to your integrity to put yourself in that position and allow yourself to be used by them in such a way.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have seen that it depends a lot on your popularity before you were disfellowshipped. Many JW's I knew always viewed a reinstated person as quite tainted. Often they were viewed to be bad associates and not good marriage material. Pretty much, most JW's are terrified for their own salvation. They would rather have no one to associate with than to risk their salvation to hang around with someone they consider tainted or weak. The sad thing is, you don't have to be disfellowshipped/reinstated for them to decide you are dangerous. All you have to do is to miss meetings here and there.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Most of the people that I knew who were reinstated were not forgiven by everyone. They all carried a stigma about them from that time forward, and very few achieve the level of status they had prior to being disfellowshipped.

One sister that pioneered for years fornicated with a bible study. Many that had looked up to her continued to refuse to talk to her after her reinstatement.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Regardless of whether you go back or not, and if so, whether they forgive you or not... your sin has been forgiven, dear PCG. Go your way in peace.

YOUR servant, as I am servant to ALL those of the Household of God, Israel... and those who go with... and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit