Just a little tip

by elderelite 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• moshe
    moshe
    And you never wondered why you got "Goulash" for dinner every night?

I love that - just had Steak and Shake's chili-ways for lunch.

When my ex-wife no longer had any reason to hide her vodka, she started going out to bars with a worldly friend. The elders heard about it and "talked" to her. Now she never listed to me when I tried to tell her about the WT lies and she took offense at the elders telling her what to do outside of the KH. Her solution?- quit going to the meetings and spend more time at the bars. After I remarried she found worldly men to date, too.

• elderelite
    elderelite

LOL wow michelle, that was a nice way to wake up..

Honestly i'm fine. I got up very early here on the east coast and went to the KH build site. Just got in from a day of avoiding FS. wodka and Jack is not hard on me. Beer and hard liquor.. well that does me in. I promise, however, tonight I will not be running out of an key ingrediants. lots of coke for my friend Jack, and plenty of smirnoff for the orange juice

Mosche, I take it then that the moral of your story is that being married to you is enough to make a woman drink?

• moshe
    moshe
    Mosche, I take it then that the moral of your story is that being married to you is enough to make a woman drink?

-any JW who won't accept the truth about the WT when shown the facts can turn to alcohol to deaden the pain.

• elderelite
    elderelite

aww common moshe, it was a little good natured ribbing. ...

• Quentin
    Quentin

Your sittin round sippin vodka and oj...ooops, run out of vodka. What to do, what to do? Got some Jack, pour that in the oj, mmmmm, tasts purt good. Depending on how much vod and oj you've had any other liquor mixed will be right tasty, because eventualy all you tast is the acohol and mixer. Used to drink my vodka, or gin, with tomato juice, sometimes Fresca. Bolier Makers....beer and any liquor with a dash of salt and lime squeeze, is elixer from the gods.

Now days, if-in I drink it's Early Times out of the bottle, without a mixer, no need to ruin the liquor. Or, dark beer with salt. Sigh, miss my drinks, taking a pain killer puts a dent in having a cold beer, or shot of anything. Ah well, enjoy your drinks folks, wisely of course, whatever you like. Someday memories may be all you have. By the way, Scotch with a twist of lime goes down good too.

• elderelite
    elderelite

beer, any liquor , dash of salt and a lime... i'm not going to regret that am I?

• Quentin
    Quentin

beer, any liquor , dash of salt and a lime... i'm not going to regret that am I?....

Ummmm, let me refresh that comment, vodka, whisky, or a good bourbon and a tasty well made beer. Dash of salt, twist of lime only if you desire. Nope, can't see any regrets in that. Dr. Pepper and beer mix well too.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Thank you quinten, i'm going to give that a go

• zoiks
    zoiks

Trying one now. A shot of The Glenlivet dropped into a Long Trail.

Hmm... surprisingly drinkable. Not bad, not bad.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Avoid hangovers.... stay drunk!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit