no guilt after celebrating a friends birthday

by dawntodaylight 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• dawntodaylight
    dawntodaylight

I see no evil in celebrating bdys omg @gregor that was beautifully put!! I was never big on holloween. I don't like spending my hard earned money on any commercialized holiday. But that's just me. :)

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

'No guilt after celebrating a friend’s birthday' None here either, I love celebrating birthdays now that I tossed the towel in on Jehovah’s Witnesses. What a bunch of bullshit it all has been, anyone who feels that one stupid idiot can decide for the masses namely Joseph Rutherford he came up with all these stupid rules what a freak. I am surprised he did not outlaw camping and fishing or taking a bath in warm water; the bible did not say it is wrong to eat Cream Of Wheat with Cinnamon Toast in the morning at Seven AM but who knows the Witnesses may come out with a rule against that too. Hey guess what Governing Body they did not wear Converse sneakers back then too, they wore some sort of sandals oh oh here comes a rule on Converse shoes. Geezzz someone kick me in the ass, for ever putting so much importance on the croaking’s of the Governing Body, people are so stupid, I don’t think I will ever stop shaking my head in disgust at myself and of othersin this quote “God Directed Organization,” Oh Bullshit! Wake Up Lurkers!!!

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Idiots! Job’s family Celebrated their day, and Job did it right along with them all.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Job's family wasn't the only one to celebrate birthdays in a positive light. The angels did it too--they also celebrated the first Christmas. It was Luke 2:10-14 that described the first Christmas. And I don't recall any of those angels being kicked out of their position for doing this.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I always felt that the reasons for not celebrating birthdays was pretty weak, but just went along to get along. What could possibly be wrong in wishing someone well for living another year, taking them out to lunch, baking a cake or giving a gift. Nothing, there is nothing wrong with that and never was.

Leprechan, I love your "cream of wheat" comparison. I can see it now: While the bible doesn't specifically mention "cream of wheat", consideration of the principles of the bible could lead some Christians to conclude that mixing "cream of wheat" with "cinnamon" might be too worldy and different for some, and could distract them from the ministry and putting God's Kingdom first. Also, those who don't like cinnamon at all might be stumbled and fall out of The Truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit