Demons and the WTS

by brotherdan 200 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chalam
    Chalam

Modern times is what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about experiences in Jesus' time.

Nothing has changed, saved the diagnosis.

The last time I got on a thread like this, my account was suspended.

Nice to see you dude!

Blessings,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

It is actually a bit interesting that this subject is so taboo for many people. I don't know why a thread like this would get deleted... We should have open communication.

There is more ridicule in these threads than the average MadJW thread. Certainly, I understand the reason for the ridicule. Most people here have been through the WT mill.

Alright, here's my view. I see the reason for the demons to exist.

So do you believe the devil exists?

Blessings,

Stephen

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Well, to be honest, after going through a course recently on the making of the NT canon, my faith in the Bible has waivered a bit. So the subject of my belief is so up in the air right now. But at this time, yes I do believe in the devil, the demons, God, Jesus, Angels, and all that good stuff. The extent that the demons are able to manifest themselves on the earth is the question.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Done!

Judge Dread

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

Im at the point that I believe theres at least a higher intelligence, but as for anything else its total rubbish....

but.....

this though doesnt answer why a sewing kit (in a largish square biscuit box) launched itself for no apparent reason across the floor right in my perepherial vision... I keep looking for explanations, but there are none !!! ???

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

I'm reading a book called "The Bondage Breaker" and it speaks a lot about demons in present day life. Not sure if I believe it all, but it's interesting anyways.

I believe some people are able to sense evil spirits. My Grandmother's neighbour is a retired pastor and she sensed an evil presence when my Grandfather was suffering from Alzheimer's. He'd see sadistic things on the tv that weren't there, or disturbing sexual images that would bother him. Maybe there's another explaination for all this, but I don't doubt other people's experiences with the presence evil.

• laverite
    laverite

Brother Dan,

I shared an experience back in June titled "Horrifying Demon Attack: My Experience

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/195432/2/Horrifying-Demon-Attack-My-Experience

Does that count?

-LV

• Chalam
    Chalam

The extent that the demons are able to manifest themselves on the earth is the question.

Here's one to be going on with

exorcismosreais.blogspot.com

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

So those of you that have experienced these things, does it solidify your faith in God? I mean, for me I'd like that proof that I KNOW something is out there. Just the smallest proof. I know that we aren't supposed to ask for specific "proof".

Do you think you could ever become an atheist after having one of these experiences? Are you SO sure in what you experienced that you have absolutely no doubt that it was super natural?

• Chalam
    Chalam

I'm reading a book called "The Bondage Breaker" and it speaks a lot about demons in present day life.

Good book :)

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit