Make meetings pass by quicker

by Cook My Socks UK 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

I came up with a new game today - certainly made the meeting pass by quickly. Before the meeting I edited all the elders and servants mobile numbers on my phone so that they would'nt get the caller id up(141 in uk). Then, during the meeting I called them all one at a time. Some had forgot to put their phones on silent, others scrambled in pockets. It was a great laugh, especially catching one bro out twice.

What do you guys do (did you used to do) to make meetings go by quicker?

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Oh that is pure genius. Damn, I might even go to another meeting just so I can do that.

• watersprout
    watersprout

LMAO! That is brilliant....

Carrot used to sleep and i used to make lists of things i wanted, shopping lists, lists for pretty much everything!

I think Carrot still has elders and servant numbers on his phone, i might have to try this during the next meeting. I won't be there so i shall disrupt them from a distance! Hahahaha!

Peace and light

Carrot found your story hilarious, only just stopped laughing!

• asilentone
    asilentone

I might do that later too.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Cook my Socks, I just read your post and then told my husband , we now both ache from laughing to much. It's the sort of thing we would have done if we had thought of it.

We are still laughing now, brilliant!!

LI

• Ding
    Ding

The meetings go by quicker if you don't attend them at all...

• little witch
    little witch

I read the nwt in context and really learned the truth. I am not being a smart ass either, that is what freed me. I knew from around the age of 13 that there was something very wrong with the watchtower and that they were dishonest and misrepresenting scriptures.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nice to disrupt the hounder giving the talk, especially if it's during a local needs part or the announcement where they get called to the platform. It also wastes their bucket of minutes, so they will have to pay more when they need those minutes to check a call to make sure they are at home.

I found, however, that the best way to disrupt a meeting is to not show up at all. If everyone did that, they would be talking to an empty audience, and wondering why the Kingdumb Hells are always so empty. That would also cause them to lose sleep, since they feel accountable for every soul that doesn't go to the boasting sessions or out in field circus--and waste much of their time trying to get attendance back up without going against the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

wish cell phones came in here I'd be tempted to go back for one meeding say CO visit to try that... I learned how to write with my left hand. Took notes with my left hand and now I can use both...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I don't get it, how does changing the number on your phone, mess with the caller ID on their phone? It's not like you changed it on their phone...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit