Who did you love Jehovah or your boyfriend/your girlfriend the most while you were in the org?

by asilentone 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    Who did you love Jehovah or your boyfriend/your girlfriend the most while you were in the org?

Oh please, what an insane question.

It's like asking "Which is better, hot-air ballooning at sunrise or vanilla icecream on a hot day?", complicated by the fact that one concept is an imaginary sky daddy and one is a flesh-and-blood future life partner, then multiplied by Jehovah brainwashing.

I can't believe I bothered to type this many words in response to the stupidest question I've seen on any forum in 2010.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Hang on, this response is even more absurd than the question.....

God, thats a no brainer, you love God with spirit and truth, you girlfriend with flesh and blood. There is no comparison.

In the world I inhabit you'd better love your girlfriend with truth, or else your butt will be sitting on a roadside before you get to the "flesh and blood" part of your version of love.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Good one, Quill!

"In the world I inhabit you'd better love your girlfriend with truth, or else your butt will be sitting on a roadside before you get..." (my addition) the flesh and blood (yours) cleaned out of your hair and clothes.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I never LOVED Jehovah. I tried but there was nothing there to grab hold of.

So, it was easy to love my close family members more.

Never had a boyfriend in my life, ever. The courtship was way too fast for it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Wait a minute. No one was allowed to have bf/gf's while in. If they had 'em, they were sneaking 'em. Teenagers were not allowed to date. Adults had better be engaged if they are together at all, anywhere.

• asilentone
    asilentone

WhiteDove, I had JW girlfriends even when I was a witness. My parents was always telling me I must have a chaperone.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I was always taught to love Jehovah more than anyone else. In fact, it was always said from the stage that when you marry, you should love Jah more than your partner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit