How Were You Affected By The Judgmental Views Imposed By Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some individuals get more affected by the religion than others.

• tec
    tec

Were YOU too a very judgmental person?

I was becoming one, yes.

Tammy

• Liberty93
    Liberty93

When I was 11 and my sister was 7, I spent an hour banging on my sister's bedroom door, bible in hand and yelling at her about going to a birthday party that my mother had set up for her. This was right after my parents got divorced and my mother left the loonies because no-one offered to help her with us, except for one "sister" who wanted to be paid to clean her house.

It wasn't but 3 or so years after that that I looked up at the sky, and said, "You don't exist." Best thing I ever did for my sanity.

• wiser
    wiser

After listening to the many testimonies of ex Jws, faders and some still in the organization but afraid to leave because of shunning ect. I am so glad that I did not become a JW!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ooooo, yeah, I was judgemental too....

I didn't realize how judgemental I was, either...

Nowadays, I'm only [HOPEFULLY!!???!!] only judgemental of other peoples' driving....

Hey, you IDIOT!! Use yer gard-DAMM TURN SIGNALS!!! Whattaya think I am - a MIND READER??? Whoops, my mistake... You don't HAVE a mind...

They don't call me "Mario Zid" for nuttin'...

(Damm! Mis-spelled "judgmental" again!!! I ALWAYS do that!! )

• flipper
    flipper

I was not a judgmntal person at all. However I was judged constantly by head bashing elders. How was I affected ? It pissed me off enough to leave the cult ! LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• minimus
    minimus

I find many "worldly" people are less judgmental than the average JW. The elder system makes you to want to be negative and always looking for a way to nail someone!

• watersprout
    watersprout

I was constantly judged while i was in the dubs. Then i started to become a critical, judgemental cow! I hated the person i was becoming and that helped me to see [along with other things] that this religion destroyed people......

I hope i'm not a judgemental person now......

Peace and light

• jam
    jam

Like many here I did not realize how judgmental I was until I got out. A brother I knew was known for his

judgmental views. Ten years ago he was caught in A motel by his wife with A woman, they was having

a affair for the past 20years. He knew the woman before he became A JW, so It came out all those years

coming up in the ranks to become A elder he had another woman on the side. If you are from the

Pasadena CA. area then you probably heard the story. I knew the family very well, his son and I was

were good friends in high school. Now I understand why he never became A JW ( his son my friend).

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

20 years of shunning by my ex JW family (along with their friends) who judged me and continue to judge me as either (depending on their mood at any given time) either sexually devient or gay or both. This resulted in years of depression, anger, suicidalness and therapy. No, no damage here!

HQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit