How Were You Affected By The Judgmental Views Imposed By Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Were YOU too a very judgmental person?

Did others judge you harshly?

I know no longer being a 'believer' means that I do a lot less judging of my brothers and sisters.

• looloo
    looloo

its odd but i found the most judgemental dubs were the ones that had absoulutly no right to judge anyone ! including a child molester who hated homosexuals , tarts , criminals , people with no morals etc !!!!!!!! what a hypocrite ! his wife once said to me" people just dont take marriage seriously anymore" ! ( how ironic that while her husband was married to his first wife and abusing his friends children he was also having an affair for 3 years with his daughters best friend ,who became wife number 2 !) never known so many judgemental looney hypocrites , im glad to be back in the"" know where you stand" world where what you see is usually what you get !!!!

• minimus
    minimus

The worst trait of JWs is their self righteous judgmental views toward everyone. The look down upon "worldly" ones. They look at their own with disdain and even refuse to socialize with certain Witnesses because they're not up to their standards.

• zoiks
    zoiks

I didn't think I was judgmental at the time. Looking back, I know that I was.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Your not a Jehovah`s Witness!"..

"Only nice people want to be Jehovah`s Witness`s!!"..

"Are you some kind of Weirdo?"..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird

I was a two-by-twice, condescending, holier-than-thou, judgmental heifer!

I look back with shame at what I became when I joined up with the JW's.

Minimus, don't you have a chowder recipe that you wish to share?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/198921/1/Please-Share-Recipes-From-Your-Region

Syl

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

I was judged harshly in the JW religion and turned in by a relative. But I've learned since then that individuals from all walks of life can also be very judgmental and harsh just as much as any JW can be. It's truly amazing to see the JW judgmental attitudes after the awakening from the JWs and then again to awaken a second time and see the same judgmental attitudes in many all around us. It's a very human trait and one hard to eradicate it seems.

• minimus
    minimus

The most self righteous JWs are the biggest hypocrites.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"I`m a Jehovah`s Witness and I`m Fabulous!"..

"You could be Fabulous too"..

"If you were a Jehovah`s Witness!"..

http://www.smallbusinessbranding.com/images/snob.jpg

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I was brought in by someone that insisted on the strictest interpretation of the material possible. And he made it sound like I could get disfellowshipped for listening to Journey--and the zero tolerance for even having the holidays around was nothing I want to return to. I can remember, due to this zero tolerance for Christmas, I disabled a set of Christmas lights hanging at work (I did that by bending the lead in one bulb per circuit so it did not make contact, rendering the set useless until fixed). And I got yelled at and ordered to fix the lights.

As for the strict stand against bad songs and watching Christmas specials on TV, all it did was make a complete dork out of me. Then again, the dingbat that dragged me in wanted that, so he could maximize the possibility of being drawn to his 8 year old nephew--bad to listen to Journey or work where there is one strand of Christmas lights on display, OK to molest 8 year old boys. Good thing I didn't fall for his scam to move into the apartment he had just started managing 7 months into my study, or he would have had more time to develop that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit