WT December 15, 2010

by Designer Stubble 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Wing Commander, as long as they cling to the 1914 doctrine, they are going to continue to feel that the end is being delayed. If they had never set a date and then hitched their wagon to it as the source of their authority they would have the freedom to be flexible. They've made themselves captive to that concept and there is no way out of it that any of them are willing to entertain.

It's sad. It's sick. And they are NOT faithful or discreet.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Do I give Jehovah my best even if my health or personal circumstances might limit what I can do? ..."

The way the Watchtower Organization heaps further burdens onto Rank&File Witnesses who are dealing with difficulties in their personal lives [like handicaps, chronic illnesses and crippling injuries...], using guilt to push them to do more, more, MORE - infuriates me!!!

"These songs are 'especially' penned for us dopes dubs, & drills into us that the GB supercede Christ for the most part and speak only the words of God. And for a final little shove....MEMORIZE OUR WORDS!!!..."

Right on, Clarity!!!

Marking for further reading...

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Another great example of how the Society thinks that kids are simply little adults. ..."

Actually, Leolaia, I think the Gov.Bod thinks that JW kids - and adults - are put here on this earth to be their slaves...

Zid

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I was thinking of a conscientious way to protest singing the songs. You could make the argument that you like to give your best to Jehovah and that the new songs are of poor musicianship and quality. As a result it offends your conscience to to sing inferior praises to Jehovah.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

It's sad that some people will take this article seriously, but it's good news that they feel compelled to write it. Clearly, things have changed from their bragging-about-growth articles of the past.

• bobld
    bobld

I don't get it,they knock christendom for not teaching from the bible.Then they turn around and do the same thing.I think it is called hypocrisy.

B

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

perhaps jehovah is moving the wts to self-destruct

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Seems to be delayed'? How about 'is nowhere in sight'. Even the most loyal of Dubs know that there is something seriously wrong here, especially after the summer ASSembly's ridiculous 'new light' about Jesus referring to an 'overlapping generation'. Witnesses have been waiting for over 130 years now for 'The End' and it's no closer now than it was when Charlie Russell first wrote The Object and Manner of our Lord's Return in 1874. Had JW's been allowed to have a normal life like people of other denominations, then the frustration and discouragement might not be as bad as what it apparently is. But when people are strongly discouraged to give up things like marriage, having children, getting an education, buying a home, when you're not allowed to celebrate anything and must attend 5 meetings a week and then go and bang on doors for a minimum of 10 hours every month, then ya....people are going to be pissed off that their 'sacrifices' were all in vain.

Great comment!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

As for the songbook, I bet that not liking the new Kingdumb Maladies will be "brazen conduct". What is there to like about it? I didn't like the old ones that much, but I am hearing all sorts of rave reviews about the new songs like sounding like dying cats and cult chants no matter where they go. Now they are telling people that they have to memorize that sxxx? People will remember stuff if it is worth remembering--and listen to it if it is worth listening to. If not, you are going to have a miserable time forcing people to listen to the 225 135 songs.

And, if it always sounds like dying cats or cult chants no matter where you go, could it be that people are singing them perfectly as written and they still sound like crap? This is because the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wants to prevent people from developing their talents. Many have a gift for music, and when they are limited to this sxxx, that gift is going to be extinguished. Just so they can get out of people being exalted for possessing and using a gift! To that end, they write them to sound like crap on purpose, and then beat up on people because they sound like crap. I wonder how long before a boasting session is held up because the lead hounder, or the hounder-hounder, is going to force the congregation to repeat the song until it sounds "right".

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the cracks are appearing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit