Watchtower Offers Huge Donation ($136,000) of "Field" Assistance? Why?

by Gayle 26 Replies latest social current

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.shawangunkjournal.com/2010/09/16/news/1009162.html

I lived by Wallkill for several years and the WTS has done similar things as I said above; EMT equipment and trained volunteers; fire equipment and trained volunteers; paying for a building a joint waste treatment plant, and pay taxes on some property although not legally required to do so. Some jws in the area are aware of thse things but it was not publicized in the publications. It was all to build good will so that future and current building projects would be approved.

This is a poor county and they could not afford to provide such things especially to an organization that paid no taxes. To keep goodwill, the WTS has gone beyond what is legally required. You might say they were buying votes.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

The WT did the very same thing in Patterson. It was all a PR stunt. No one wants a vast army of JWs coming to their town. For Patterson they bought a brand new fire engine for the local fire dept. They did a TON of community services and donated a large sum of money to the town. In the end the town people were actually happy to have them. Much of this was because the site used for the Watchtower Educational Center was supposed to used as a city dump.

You all are right though. They don't do this out of the kindness of their hearts. It's ONLY to get something out of it. I like what exwhyzee said. Once the field is complete JW kids still won't get to participate in any of the sports that will be played on it. Sort of ironic...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I have a better idea for the WT. Take that $136,000 and help feed the hungry or help the poor in other countries. Or how about support disease research to find cures? Or how bout...stuff it where the sun don't shine. Yes...I'm bitter.

• Gayle
    Gayle

It is nice that the JW headquarters and GB can have the privilege to give around their immediate community to be the good guys, even if it with equipment and services by their for-free volunteers and by donations from the rank and file from all around the world and with strong possibility/probability of very much more needed areas. The GB rule the pocketbook.

Yet there is a double-standard that local congregations do not have the right to do such value in an organized, congregational way money-wise and time-wise in their own immediate local needs or charities. The little congregations would be counseled. Sickens me.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Sure is a contrast here with what they did for public service in Louisiana after hurrican Katrina.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I hope the local JW kids take advantage of the fact that they contributed towards the field when their parents try to use psychological warfare on them to keep them out of sports.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ is being Nice and Unselfish?..

Something Stinks!..

........................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit