Are you led by logic or emotion?

by compound complex 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings:

On a recent thread I admitted personal difficulties in the arena of critical thinking. Logic and reason are not my strong suit, but I try.

You?

Thanks,

CoCo

• aSphereisnotaCircle
  • Hadit
    Hadit

Hi CoCo - I would have to say it depends - sometimes logic, sometimes emotion and sometimes both. Emotions can sometimes force me to sit back and look at the big picture. Logic and reason then come into play because I know they are needed to accompish what I need to do. If I were to let emotion take over then I'm pretty sure you would read about it in the paper! I hope that makes sense.

I have to admit when you said that in the previous post I didn't think you lacked in that area at all. Your writing encompasses both logic and emotion. Funny how we see ourselves differently than others do!

Take care.

Hadit

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I believe in balance. Logic and emotion come into play. The problem is when people go from one extreme to the other. There are the staunch atheist types that "KNOW" that there isn't a god. But then there are the overly emotional religious folks that work themselves up into a crying frenzy when speaking about Jesus. I would like to think that I'm in the middle. I look at things with logic, but I also try to be in tune with what "feels" right.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I agree with you Hadit,

CoCo does not strike me as a poster who is lacking in anything

• JeffT
    JeffT

Sorry, I have this image in my brain of Spock saying something like "&%*%#@ Jim! I only make decisions based on logic."

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Karl Klein used to constantly speak of the "male hormone" as a driving force for many.

• journey-on
    journey-on

We are all a little of both. Sometimes I think a thing to death and just when I think I have the only logical answer, my feelings kick in. Feelings are somewhat different from emotions. Emotions are reactive and tend to be spontaneous. Feelings come from inside you and are part of your character. When I add the little dash of feelings, it changes the whole thing and I have to take it all back to the drawing board and think it through again.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I live by my Being, and plan with my mind.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, friends, for your thoughts and encouraging words. I will read them again and reply [if I can find something useful to say].

Hadit and wasblind:

Apart from looking up a word's meaning or spelling for my text, I am not aware of thinking or pondering as I write; I am dumbfounded when I read some author's book or posts here on JWN. For the life of me, I don't know how their thoughts assemble in the head to splash out so amazingly clear and precise in written form.

My original thread title was to have been "Are you a thinker or a feeler?" I decided, however, against that word choice.

Very gratefully,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit